Swelly Belly still a problem??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly still a problem??? Swelly Belly still a problem???

Unread 03-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Swelly Belly still a problem???

I have just completed by 6 week visit. ( I am just starting my 6th week) and the doctor says everything is healing as it should be. However, he says I may still experience the swelly belly for as much as 4-8 weeks more. Bummer!!! Has anyone else had it last this long? The swelling is so annoying that I cannot get comfortable at night. I try my back, my sides, pillows---nothing really works. The only way I really get a good nights sleep is to take an Ambien. I am trying not to take them every night because they can be addicting. Heating pads do help, but with the weather warming up, it gets really uncomfortable. Any suggestions? I hope that all of you 6 weekers are doing well.
Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2005, 11:22 AM
swelly belly

I am 10 weeks out from my surgery and still have the swelly belly. I notice it especially at night. Some of my friends that have had the surgery told me it took a good 5 months till it was gone. Ugh!
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:35 AM

Sorry to hear you still have it at ten weeks. However, does it still hurt? Can you fit into most of your pre surgery clothes? Well, at least by 5 months we can look forward to it returning to normal.

Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Thought I was imaging this

I am glad to see information about the belly swelling. I fell like the doctor put a baby in there instead of taking things out. I didn't know this was normal he didn't mention it.

And wow it can last a long time huh. I have heating pad and very soft pillow for my tummy to help me sleep.

Are there exercises we can do afterward to get rid of this new buldge.
Unread 03-23-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm at 4 months and I still have it as bad as I did at 1 week. I can't WAIT until its gone!! I hate it.
Unread 03-23-2005, 02:11 PM

I am not sure but I think exercise makes the swelling worse. I think I have seen that on this site somewhere. I would definitly find out before doing any exercise.

My belly is so swollen I feel like it is gong to pop. I am four weeks out.

dumby in alabama
Unread 03-23-2005, 02:23 PM

I think exercise does hinder it going down. I, at times, have to move files and boxes at work and it always swells more after that physical activity. Unfortunately, I don;t have a choice. I just try to be careful.
Unread 03-23-2005, 02:48 PM

Hi I was just looking up swelly belly in the post-op hints I found thru the quick links...Explains alot about swelly belly. I am 6 weeks post op for bladder sling and have suffered swelly belly ever since the first operation in 11-03. When I take a daily walk I wear bike shorts( spandex) under my shorts and it seems to help during walking. T
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:17 PM

Here is the link https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...p?s=&id=163685

I am 7 months post op. In my experience doing too much aggravated the
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:31 PM

When I over do it, like I did this past weekend, I still experience some swelly belly. It's nothing like it was initially, and it goes away after a night of sleep. I usually wake up just fine...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register