Chills? Not Hot Flashes? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chills? Not Hot Flashes? Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

Unread 12-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

Has anyone else experienced being colder, not hotter? I tend to be slightly anemic anyway and take a suppliment. I used to get a little chilly before the surgery.. but now Brrrr and I live in southeren Ca!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

Good thing you don't live near me!!
Others have mentioned the chills after surgery. I'm still sorting out infections so not sure where I fall on the chills/flashes yet.
Unread 12-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

Hi pirategrl,
Are you sure your not getting the flu? My kids both had the chills with theirs, and your kids were just sick so maybe that's what it is from. Hope your feeling better.
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

I notice it after I eat. Especially my evening meal. A couple of the books I read said hormone loss could mess up your body's thermostat and make you hot and cold.
Unread 12-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

I have had both actually. I don't have many hot flashes anymore since I started the progestin. But I still get night sweats and just overall feel warmer than normal when I get under the covers at night. But during the day, it is the total opposite. There are some days when I sit in the house with a sweater on all day. I'm hoping that it will all straighten out before March. That's when I start the estrogen if the night sweats and insomnia aren't in check.
Unread 12-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

I too have noticed both. Mostly cold-but nothing new for me. Every now & then I will have a little hot flash where my feet will be tingly & get really hot & sweat & it after that is when I really get the chills & can't get warmed up. I find if I change my socks-dry-that it helps my body to warm up so much faster. If my feet are too hot or cold-the rest of me suffers-so here's to Happy Feet!
Unread 12-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

Both for me too. But generally get really super cold right before a hot flash. Especially at night, nice!
Unread 12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

My first year post op I suffered constant drenching hot flashes even on hrt. Last winter I would go outside in a tee shirt (I live in northern Minnesota) and stand in the snow just to cool down.

Well, something weird happened over this last summer (still haven't figured it out), when my body did a 180 degree turn. I am no longer having hot flashes at all or even night sweats, but instead am freezing all the time! I feel like I have the chills 24/7 and can never get warm enough. I also have terrible body aches and breast pain. I am on the Vivelle Dot patch right now. My doc thinks it is thyroid related since I also have hypothyroidism and take meds for that. Estrogen and thyroid meds have a complicated interaction with each other. I increased my Synthroid (thyroid med) though six weeks ago and still no difference. I wish I knew what else could cause this but I am inclined to think hormones are the culprit. I was tested for anemia too and it was negative. Not sure I like this any better than being too hot. Just know you are not alone! Think I will go warm up with some tea now!
Unread 12-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

pirategrl ....Yes I had a TAH on Nov 7th and every since then I have been freezing. And before I would have some night sweats but during the day I was always hot and usally would be opening doors and freeze my husband out. Now I am wearing thermal socks, long johns on top of my sweats and a couple of tops to try to keep warm and my house is like 71 0r 72 degrees. At night I go back and forth throwing the covers off and then pulling them back on because I am freezing. So I agree it must be the hormones. As my doctor has not started me on anything as of yet. I hate being cold, it makes my body ache. Hope you can get your body temperature under control soon. I sure know what your going through. I feel for you. At least it's a little cold where I live.
Unread 12-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Chills? Not Hot Flashes?

This is to funny. I told DH tonight I think I am having cold flashed. I have not had hot flashes. I have not been staying cold all the time just comes and goes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register