3 weeks post hysterectomy: Plexus for weight loss help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy: Plexus for weight loss help 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Plexus for weight loss help

Unread 09-17-2015, 08:32 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: Plexus for weight loss help

3 weeks post op and I'm wondering about taking Plexus slim. A couple people I know are taking it and it seems to be working wonders for their overall health and weight loss. Since I cannot workout im wondering if I can take this. Does anyone else take Plexus? Has it affected your hysterectomy recovery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Plexus for weight loss help

That's one of those things sold in multi-level marketing, like Amway.

Further, I'd never take anything like that....all those chemicals and "natural herbs", etc. Just because something is "natural" does not make it good for you. Poison Ivy is "natural".

I'm over 3 months out, and as of this morning, I'm down 7 lbs. from my check-in weight. Avoiding processed foods, lots of veggies, fresh fruits, limiting alcohol, etc.

I don't need to buy some proprietary "formula" by someone who wants me to recruit 10 friends to do that. I can eat veggies all on my own.

Sorry, but this MLM garbage burns me up.
Unread 09-17-2015, 10:56 AM

As you're still at 3 weeks, I would not recommend taking such a pill.
I would concentrate in eating well to help with your recovery.
Also, the chemicals in the product produce side effects that could affect your recovery negatively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2015, 03:23 PM

I have a friend selling that stuff. Its ingrediants aren't much more than whats in a multi-vitamin plus fiber. She's been taking it and selling it for over 3 months. She's lost about 2lbs. I've started watching my calorie intake and walking and in the same amount of time I'm down 9lbs. Personally I wouldn't trust it and its very expensive. Plus when you start one product she was "trained" to start trying to get you to buy more and more stuff from them and then she was "trained" to try and get you to start selling it.
Unread 09-17-2015, 06:33 PM

I am 4 months post-op and my belly still gets big/swollen by the end of the day - it looks like I'm pregnant It's never been this large.
I was a size 4 and now am a size 6 since surgery and haven't been able to lose an ounce. I am doing the same thing I've always done. I watch what I eat but have days where I enjoy a little extra- I don't eat any junk and been trying to do some stretches each night. I've never been one to excerise much.
I'm stressing because I'm hoping I don't keep gaining weight or that I will never be able to lose any. Help!!! Is this all part of the process?
Unread 09-17-2015, 07:13 PM

I was just asking because I have a condition to where when my heart rate goes up by blood vessels close instead of dilate. I was a size 5 and now after gestational diabetes I'm a size 12. I do not drink and I eat normal. I haven't been able to shake the post pregnancy weight. Now with the hysterectomy I'm afraid it will be next to impossible to lose anything, so when I saw what plexus had done for a cousin on facebook I was interested. I think I'll just see a naturopath. Thanks
Unread 09-17-2015, 08:40 PM

sorry, I posted my thread on a reply to yours!

I wish you the best - hopefully we will be able to figure something out to help
Unread 09-18-2015, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2015 View Post
That's one of those things sold in multi-level marketing, like Amway.

Further, I'd never take anything like that....all those chemicals and "natural herbs", etc. Just because something is "natural" does not make it good for you. Poison Ivy is "natural".

I'm over 3 months out, and as of this morning, I'm down 7 lbs. from my check-in weight. Avoiding processed foods, lots of veggies, fresh fruits, limiting alcohol, etc.

I don't need to buy some proprietary "formula" by someone who wants me to recruit 10 friends to do that. I can eat veggies all on my own.

Sorry, but this MLM garbage burns me up.

Amen to that, completely agree!
Unread 09-18-2015, 02:04 PM

Livwest, sounds like a good plan to see a naturopath. I too, cannot stand any of that MLM b.s. One that is heavily making the rounds is "thrive"..."le-vel"........ugh!!!!! Believe me, I am desparate to take weight off, too, and that can make it easy to want to try the magic supp. or patch or whatever!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register