Home from Castle on Friday 9/30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from Castle on Friday 9/30 Home from Castle on Friday 9/30

Unread 10-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Home from Castle on Friday 9/30

Hello sisters!! I made it home Friday afternoon. Everything went well with surgery, I was out of it most of Tuesday. They removed the catheter Wednesday morning and the IV on Wednesday afternoon. My doc said the ultrasound showed one fibroid in the rear of the uterus, but when they went in, there were actually four larger than a fist almost on top of each other and with previous adhesions, she had some trouble getting everything out... but she did it!! And, without having to do a vertical incision Anyway, ran a slight fever Thursday, and after the help of good ol' prune juice, I had the much needed bm to send me home on Friday. So far, so good.. no major pain and I haven't really needed the hydrocodone (vicodin). Walking inside the house a little, but not overdoing it and thank god, only had discharge Tuesday and Wednesday, hopefully it doesn't come back. Sorry for the long letter, mom is fussing about me sitting up typing on the laptop.

Thanks to all for the well wishes..... and love and prayers to all my sisters on the same date, hoping your recoveries are going as well.... and to my future sisters, I hope and pray that everything will go well for you. and

Elisha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2005, 02:00 PM

Sounds like you are doing beautifully!!!!!!! Hope the rest of your recovery goes well.
Unread 10-01-2005, 03:23 PM

Glad you're home & everything went well. I'm almost at 6 weeks post op and my story is very similar. Just take it easy, remember no lifting and let people wait on you...even if it KILLS you!!

Blessings from the South!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2005, 05:32 PM

Welcome home Reesiecup, Glad to see everything went well and with a great start in your recovery and keep up the positive attitude. Wishing you a speedy recovery and drink plenty of water and juice with vitamin c. Rest often. Take care of yourself. Carrie
Unread 10-04-2005, 12:08 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome home. I've been getting plenty of rest, drinking my water and taking my vitamins. I've also been eating a lot healthier to make sure things keep moving My mom has been so great, treating like the princess I always said I was
Unread 10-04-2005, 12:33 PM

Elisha,

Welcome home glad your surgery was ok, you can now take your time and recover at your leisure.
You only get one chance to recover well so REST REST REST !!!
I was very strict with myself the few 4 weeks and it has paid off I feel very well now just need to discuss possible HRT at my 6 wk post op check which is on Monday as I have had to wait after the surgery.

All the best for your recovery,

Elaine x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register