lining at 16mm ~ could it indicate cancer?; discomfort sitting - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lining at 16mm ~ could it indicate cancer?; discomfort sitting lining at 16mm ~ could it indicate cancer?; discomfort sitting

Unread 06-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Re: lining at 16mm ~ could it indicate cancer?; discomfort sitting

The last time, about a year ago, one Dr who has a not so good reputation, tried to biopsy the endo and I was so scared I started shaking, sweating and almost shot off the exam table backwards! The Dr followed up with several phones call to check on my anxiety but I couldn't bring myself to tell it was reputation anxiety (paired with pain anxiety) and not just procedure/exam. I will only see or be seen by my regular ob/gyn now! I trust that any procedure will be so much better due to my trust levels. I go Monday, fingers crossed that I can get through it gracefully this time! I have been feeling as if my uterus was exiting on its own for the past several weeks, so I'm looking forward to some answers. Ibuprofen is my friend, always with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2016, 06:04 AM

My gyn couldn't do an endometrial biopsy on me at all for physical reasons. My cervix was simply too narrow and stiff to permit entry. We booked an OR slot for a D&C instead, and that went quite well.

If your gyn can't do an EMB on you for psychological reasons, I don't see why that wouldn't be grounds for doing a D&C instead.
Unread 06-12-2016, 04:46 PM

I had a D&C the first time I thought I was pregnant. It turned out to be a molar pregnancy and I was devastated. That was 18 years ago. I lost 3 more between the successful pregnancies and won't be having any more as I've been considered high risk for a long time. I'm becoming more comfortable with my decision to go forward with a hysterectomy. Through the past month I had 2 days that my abdomen and or back didn't hurt. I'm faithful that it will all work out. (My crystal ball, aka the magic 8 ball, tells me I have a 50-50 chance of positive or negative outcome - I'm focusing on positive!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2016, 08:25 PM

I got a date for my hysterectomy! August 5 but if there is a cancellation I could bump up to earlier!
I met with my Dr today, fibroid growth and adenomyosis that I was even able to see on ultrsound! No indication of cancer or other issues at this point. Relief for that! Thanks to all who have replied to this thread.
Unread 06-13-2016, 09:54 PM

So glad to hear the good news! Hopefully you can get an earlier surgery date, but if not you still have and end date. I'm pulling for you!
Unread 06-14-2016, 07:05 AM

Congratulations, Meece! :-)
Unread 06-14-2016, 07:30 AM

You must be soooooooo relieved.

Start getting ready now.

See you on the other side, friend

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register