Ouch! Cat jumped onto my tummy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ouch!  Cat jumped onto my tummy Ouch! Cat jumped onto my tummy

Unread 01-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Ouch! Cat jumped onto my tummy

As my husband took the dogs out for a walk this morning...my cat...running full speed...ran over my nightstand and launched himself across my bed and onto my tummy. He has done this before...he runs right over me without a second thought...and it has never felt good...but it was tolerable prior to the surgery.

I had been careful since my surgery...keeping a pillow on my tummy when laying on my back. I only have a lap incision in my abdomen...but my abdomen is still very tender.

OMG...I was sound asleep when he pounced...I laid here and just cried...I was still crying when my husband came back in. He immediately went and found my medicine and brought me some. Now my abdomen is soooo sore. I was already having problems between my bladder and intestines...this is just aggravating...I'm sure he didn't do any damage...it's still just really frustrating...

All I can say is "OUCH!!!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2006, 03:50 PM

My mother took me home with her from the hospital. She was also babysitting my sister's two kids who are five and two years old. Anyway, my five year old niece hit me in the belly on my first night out of the hospital.
OUCH!!
I cried.
Unread 01-15-2006, 04:29 PM

It does make you sore doesn't it! My 16 year old DD did something that produced the same pain for me. I was 2 weeks PO , sitting on the couch when I asked her to go and get me my soft ice bag for my stomach. She came into the living room and tossed it onto my stomach. Her face turned white and I thought she was going to mess her pants when she realized what she had done. It was not fun but got better quickly. She has been very careful with me since then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2006, 05:20 PM

My 32 lb. cocker spaniel loves to be on my lap. Post op I always kept a pillow on my belly. One day he actually noticed I didn't have the pillow on and he waited until I put in on before he came on my lap. That jumping on the belly is some ouchy pain!
Unread 01-16-2006, 02:56 PM

OUCH!!!!
My two kitties seem to think there is a target zone on my stomach, and that they must land there or they do not "score". (this is especially true of the tubby one)
We had to keep them out of the room for three weeks. I missed them terribly but had to do it. I was so worried about them "boinging" me while I slept.

Sorry you got "boinged". I cringe just thinking about it.
Finally I am able to defend myself and they can sit with me.
Unread 01-16-2006, 03:05 PM

Hi! I have two cat, 2 dog and two teen agers. My cocker wants to be with me constantly especially since the surgery. I have had a hard time keeping the cats off my lap too. I have found that my cats HATE my belly when I wear my swelly belly band while relaxing. I think it has made them not want to sit with me since they discovered my lap is sometimes cold. I have had pain in my right side since I sneezed last thursday but my dr assures me it's a pull not a tear and walking it off helps. Now when I sneeze or cough I tear up. My husband wanted to take me to the ER as I was crying from the pain from a simply sneeze and I told him to wait as it passes. I totally understand how you feel!! Our babies love us so much it's hard for them to understand their "mommies" can't be jumped on or jumped up on!

Stacy/doll doc TAH/BSO HRT
Unread 01-16-2006, 03:24 PM

Ouch! 2nd day home from the hospital everyone was gone and I was up trying to get lunch. I was pulling the rubber band that my dd had put on the bag of lettuce( I guess she heard the tighter it is the fresher it will stay). My hand finally freed the band only to hit my stomach full force. Next day opened the cabinet and out something fell hit the counter and then my stomach. We decided at that point the kitchen was just to dangerous for me. Next day someone brought me lunch.
Unread 01-16-2006, 08:30 PM

Ok, I am cracking up at these stories. Not because I wish anybody any pain, but because most of my pain came from me doing it to myself. I had hubby cut a box out to fit over my lap so cats would not kill me. When I went outside in the backyard, I threw the dogs treats so I wouldnt get jumped on. The animals didnt kill me, I did!! I found myself flinching anytime anyone came near me, ouchie!! I would jerk out of the way of door handles, ouchie. I landed on the floor two weeks out, trying to avoid a stupid spider!! I have been my own worst enemy!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register