Physical Therepy for Pain Management | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Physical Therepy for Pain Management Physical Therepy for Pain Management

Unread 11-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Physical Therepy for Pain Management

Hi all,

I am in my 11 th week and finally got released today....!!! Still have alot of pulling, pinching and soreness. When the doctor did my internal exam....... I about came off the table... it hurt so bad. She is sending me to pain management for 3 months.

Some kind of Physical therapy to help deal with it...?????????????

She said all my pelvic muscles are in "SPAZ" mode and won't relax. She compared it to a charley horse in the leg, only it doesn't let up. I knew something was going on........the pain Never really goes away. Just tolerable.

Anyone else having Physical Therapy to deal with pain this far out..???

Thanks,

Gen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2006, 09:55 AM

I am sorry you are having this pain. I have not had physical therapy for a hyst, but have had it after another surgery and I would say it helps loosen up tightness that forms in some people after a surgery. It was pretty uncomfortable, but I was pleased with the results, so it is well worth the effort and time in my opinion.

You can do a Search (upper right hand corner ), and put in physical therapy and see what threads come up on it. I have heard some ladies here have had this kind of therapy after their hyst.

I wish you the best with your therapy and hope you will feel relief soon.

s
Unread 11-09-2006, 10:16 AM

Thanks Suzy,

I will look that up. Found nothing on the web that helped.

I guess I feel that I lost my confidence in my Dr. yesterday...

I'm not really in that much pain... seems I am no different than any of the other Sisters here on the board.

I am having a hard time understanding why she would want me to do this for 3 months.

It just feels like "Bee Stings" here and there and soreness in abd. Felt we were not on "The Same Wave Lengh" so to speak.

Going to look up info now.

Thanks again............

Gen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2006, 10:20 AM

Find a PELVIC PT. Mine is a doll baby!! She has saved me. The large muscles that run down your leg actually control alot of you pelcic area so I have to get those flexible. Also your groin muclses contect over your hips and can cause lots of troubles in your perinium if they are in spasms. MY pelvic PT even has streching she can do internally...which a regular PT probably won't do. This procedure is what stated making great changes in my pain management...but of course I am not as far into recovery as you.

Hope you can find the help you need.
Trish
Unread 11-09-2006, 10:27 AM

Wow..........Trish... really appreciate your response.

I do have pain to the touch, in my hips....it's amazing how everything seems to be connected in one way or another. My Gyno is suppose to find me a Dr. Hopefully she will find the type you mention. I will go to the first visit for sure.... just to see what they can offer me and find out more about why I need it..

Gen
Unread 11-09-2006, 11:29 AM

Well I am in Northern KY but my therapist is in Cinncinati OH. I would be happy to call her office and see if they know of anyone in your area of Indiana.

That hip pain is probably in what my doctor called a stress trigger point. A good massage might help...I treated myself to one and asked for the gal who had had a hysterectomy. She knew exactly what I needed to help relax and was so sympathetic...

Trish
Unread 11-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Thanks Trish..

That would be great......I would appreciate some references... I live in a very small backwoods town. I had to drive over a 100 miles to Indianapolis for surgery because of the lack of medical services around here. Please PM me...........

I have never had any PT before.... does something like this last or does the pain return later on... say, months down the road, after PT has been completed...??

Gen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register