Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done

Unread 10-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done

Last year I was scheduled for a laparoscopic hysterectomy and I got scared an cancelled. In that year my periods continued to worsen and my gyno suggested possible adenymosis. What really encouraged and pushed me to final sxhdxule the hysterectomy was due to bladde issues. I am only 36 but I started feeling this pressure to pee all the time. It's very annoying. No uti or kidney issues so I assume it's due to my uterus being swollen? Last ultrasound my doc said heart shaped uterus but I am doubtful. I have had several ultrasounds and a preganxy and never heard this before. I guess it doesn't matter since it's schedule do now and I am looking forward to being free of this monthly pain and bladder issues.hoping I feel good before I return to work 2 weeks later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done

Congrats on getting a date scheduled! I have suspected adenomyosis too (in addition to several other dx) and it is not fun. Soon you'll be on the other side of surgery and hopefully feeling much better soon after that. (((Hugs)))
Unread 10-22-2014, 07:03 PM

MRI showed a "heart shaped " uterus for me- after many ultrasounds, MRI years ago.
Also called an arcuate uterus. It's not a big deal. In my case it explained the failed ablation though.
Suspected adenomyosis, awaiting biopsy results. Wicked pain 3/4 weeks each month. Constant fullness.
I am recovering, but I am so happy I did it. After I scheduled it, for the last week pre op I just wished I could get it over with!

Hang in there! There is light on the other side. I already no longer feel it pressing inside my right hip, I am so relieved. You will be too!
Best wishes for a smooth recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2014, 12:15 AM

Why did the heart shaped uterus affect ablation? Thank you everyone for your kind words.
Unread 10-23-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicysprout View Post
Why did the heart shaped uterus affect ablation? Thank you everyone for your kind words.
Well, most ablations are done with a device. If the uterus is too big or an odd shape, it won't get all the lining, I believe.

When he was looking at my MRI, he sai, oh look, your uterus is smiling at me! (Not a normal shape)

I looked back at my MRI from 2007 wondering why we didn't see that already, but it was so deformed prior to my embolization that the cavity was not visible.

My pain after ablation was so different and worse that we think if not adenomyosis, then there must be blood getting trapped above where the ablation worked...

So.... But I am glad I exhausted all the possibilities first. I suppose I could have skipped the ablation, but they were in there anyway, so just tried it.
Unread 10-23-2014, 06:32 PM

An ablation sounds less invasive so I was interested too but my doctor suggested I not even try it because she suspects adeno. I am glad other women understand. My mom and sisters don't have periods like me and my low back pain sometimes reminds me of labor. They don't get it and I miss work for my period all the time. I am so over it.
Unread 10-23-2014, 06:52 PM

Yeah, those were my words last month. I am so over it.
If it's adeno, then nothing will help.
I will say my symptoms are so consistent w adeno but the mri didnt show it. But biopsy should tell.

Best of luck with the process! I am recovering and feel elated.
Unread 10-23-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergrl View Post
Yeah, those were my words last month. I am so over it.
If it's adeno, then nothing will help.
I will say my symptoms are so consistent w adeno but the mri didnt show it. But biopsy should tell.

Best of luck with the process! I am recovering and feel elated.
How is your recovery going??
Unread 10-23-2014, 07:43 PM

Not too bad!
Tomorrow is day 7. I drove today to the drugstore and went to the hairdresser.
I am a big baker and I baked bread and treats everyday since Monday.
My biggest slow down is the walking but today seemed notably better than 2 days ago. My friend took me to the supermarket 2 days ago and I was slow, then a bit sore yesterday. I am going to the movies tomorrow and plan on a decent walk on Saturday when the rain pulls out
:-))
Plan is work a week Monday so 2+ weeks.
If I had to point to the biggest problem it is the sensation of my bowels- movement, gas. But that will improve too.
Narcotics only first night, but hooked on Tylenol. I'm ok with that.
Unread 11-09-2014, 08:30 AM

I will have two full weeks off work and then I go back to teaching. I am concerned about my energy levels. You sound like you are doing well! How are you now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergrl View Post
Not toobad!
Tomorrow is day 7. I drove today to the drugstore and went to the hairdresser.
I am a big baker and I baked bread and treats everyday since Monday.
My biggest slow down is the walking but today seemed notably better than 2 days ago. My friend took me to the supermarket 2 days ago and I was slow, then a bit sore yesterday. I am going to the movies tomorrow and plan on a decent walk on Saturday when the rain pulls out
:-))
Plan is work a week Monday so 2+ weeks.
If I had to point to the biggest problem it is the sensation of my bowels- movement, gas. But that will improve too.
Narcotics only first night, but hooked on Tylenol. I'm ok with that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register