Scheduled LSH Fluid filled uterus, inflamed FTube? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fluid filled uterus, inflamed FTube? Fluid filled uterus, inflamed FTube?

Unread 05-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Fluid filled uterus, inflamed FTube?

I just came back from seeing my doctor....

She wants to do a LSH to remove my uterus, and I have to say I am relieved!

I had a CT scan last week because I thought I was having a Crohn's flare, but my GI called yesterday to say it was GYN related...."dilated area near fallopian tubes and uterus." Called GYN right away. They scheduled a vaginal U/S and appt for this afternoon. During the U/S the tech could NOT find my left ovary and when she was pressing on my pelvic area, I thought I was going to jump off the table it hurt so badly!

Doc reviewed CT scan and US and said uterus is distended and filled with fluid! She said blood would show up as white, this is dark, so she thinks it's infected. When I saw her last fall, she said she wrote in her notes that the uterus felt a little enlarged but I didn't complain of any tenderness so she wasn't concerned.

She did a HPV test today and during her exam I nearly cried. She wants to do an endometrial biopsy in two weeks after a course of two different antibiotics to try to alleviate infection and pain. She also gave me a Rx for vicodin to take on day of biopsy.

She has tentatively scheduled the LSH for the end of June, but needs to confer with other docs to do it laproscopically so I don't know exact date yet (but I just put one out there....hope that's okay). She intends to keep my cervix in (hence the LSH), but may take out one or both tubes/ovaries depending on what she finds.

Since I have Crohn's she will also confer with my GI in case there are issues with bowels when she goes in.

So a few questions....

-Why couldn't they find the left ovary? Could it be adhered to bowels and causing my GI issues ?
-What could the fluid be in my uterus? It grosses me out to think about it...
-How much pain will that endometrial biopsy cause? I'm more worried about that than the actual LSH right now!!

Looking to learn lots over the next few weeks and months from all my sisters!! Thanks in advance!

Allison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Re: Fluid filled uterus, inflamed FTube?

I can only answer one of your questions:

"-How much pain will that endometrial biopsy cause? I'm more worried about that than the actual LSH right now!!"

It's sort of a mixed bag. When I had mine (prior to an ablation last September), it was one of those "Hey this isn't s-OMG THIS HUR- oh, you're done?"

So, yeah. Actually while your doc is scraping it is astoundingly painful, but after it's almost like nothing happened. With your inflammation it may be worse, but since your doc gave you Vicodin you probably will be fine. I would say it's no worse than a painful injection, only without the after pain.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register