Abdominal scars | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal scars Abdominal scars

Unread 01-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Abdominal scars

OK, I'm no DIVA, and I never have been, but I look down and I'm just not impressed. I had a C-Sect, low transverse 27 years ago and now I have 5 poke holes along with the vertical lap incision from the recent hyterectomy. The problem is....well, the whole thing looks quite like Mum's puffed quilt from excess skin. Looks like I ought to be a bed pillow instead of someone's lover, if you know what I'm gettin' at. This huge upside down power "T" is just not quite the romantic turn on I envision when my 6-8 weeks are up and I go whippin' my bloomers off for a little hankie pankie. Anyone out there got any suggestions for smoothing out the excess skin? It's from previous weight loss and I'm at odds on what's next??? I don't want to do grannie panties FOREVER!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Re: Abdominal scars

First of all you are so funny! Your post just cracked me up! I bought some products from the hystersisters store and I am having good luck with them. First I bought the herbal scar ointment which helps the scars to heal and lighten. But then I also got the scar massager. It is supposed to help prevent adhesions and help the tissue to move freely. I think this would help with not having that quilted look. Just make sure you are healed enough to use these items. I had hard lump areas around my scars and the massager worked them out. And the cream made a noticeable difference after I had only used it for 3-4 days. After my last laproscopic surgery for endo, my scars stayed purplish pink for months. I thought they would never lighten. This time around using the cream on my scars they are lightening much more rapidly. Good luck gettin ready for hankie pankie
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Re: Abdominal scars

At this point I think it's all in my head, 'cause as soon as my doc says, "OK", my hubby will probably meet me at the front door with nothing on but a bow! Thanks for the input...I'll have to see about topicals when I get the all clear. Until then....it's granny panties and girdles....maybe a little pickle brine will pucker up the ole power T....hmmmm....LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register