I think my uterus is protesting it's impending eviction - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think my uterus is protesting it's impending eviction I think my uterus is protesting it's impending eviction

Unread 08-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Re: I think my uterus is protesting it's impending eviction

The week before my hysterectomy, my uterus also decided to have a last hurrah. I had been bleeding pretty heavy for quite awhile, when it really picked up. I was flooding adult diaper pads and began to pass large clots.
went to the er and hemorrhaged in the lobby. It was quite a mess. My hysterectomy was moved up because of it. I am so happy to have had my surgery. I think that I was so used to heavy bleeding that I just got used to it, then my body decided enough is enough.

after being 6 weeks post op I still check to see if I started to bleed and I am still amazed that I am not and it really is wonderful!
My quality of life is finally coming back.

Best wishes to you on your recoveries sisters. Good times ahead!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2012, 08:32 PM

good luck! My surgery is the 21st and my 35th wedding anniversary is the 27th. go figure huh
Unread 08-18-2012, 08:51 PM
I think my uterus is protesting it's impending eviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDuchess View Post
Will the docs/hospital reschedule your surgery if you're on your period?
Hi TheLastDuchess apparently they do your surgery doesn't seem to matter. I was crazily trying to work out dates when my gyno was booking me in and he said it doesnt matter, I would've thought it would. The day I was going to surgery I was just getting little niggly "here comes the period" pains so that was great as I avoided the last dreaded week of agony and flooding that accompanied my period every month!
Good luck with your surgery
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:04 PM

[quote=reb50;3847616] 6 weeks post op I still check to see if I started to bleed and I am still amazed that I am not and it really is wonderful!
My quality of life is finally coming back.

QUOTE]

I keep wondering how long it will take to lose that habit. Like most of us I've learned the hard way that not checking means a bloody accident is sure to happen, but checking makes my period wait several days beyond when I think it should come.

Of course I'm also realizing that I had really heavy periods that were building in severity for years. I would have told you I had light periods, and I actually did in my late teens/early 20s, but by 7 years ago I was bleeding through at work and making excuses. Gushing and clots the size of my cat (not really, she's just the nearest object) didn't start until later, but I've been ignoring something obvious for years. I think my long, irregular cycles and lack of ovulation were part of it but it's funny what we are capable of ignoring.
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sookylala View Post
Hi TheLastDuchess apparently they do your surgery doesn't seem to matter. I was crazily trying to work out dates when my gyno was booking me in and he said it doesnt matter, I would've thought it would. The day I was going to surgery I was just getting little niggly "here comes the period" pains so that was great as I avoided the last dreaded week of agony and flooding that accompanied my period every month!
Good luck with your surgery
Thanks for that! I was wondering if I was going to have to try to schedule around the next one or not...
Unread 08-19-2012, 05:55 AM

I am scheduled for the 28th and aunt flow is scheduled for any day. Went to the store to stock up on more pads for the final event. As I was walking down the isle I thought to myself, I didn't buy this many pads for 4 daughters during teenage years as I have in the past 2 yrs. for myself. My husband for some reason can't say hysterectomy, so he says "overhaul", must be the motorhead in him. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register