Not Scheduled orgasm after partial hysterectomy | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

orgasm after partial hysterectomy orgasm after partial hysterectomy

Unread 11-09-2014, 09:01 AM
orgasm after partial hysterectomy

i really need help with this because i feel like im going to have a breskdown...

ive been bleeding forever and have avoided a partial hystectomy because all of the bad stories out there and seen 3 different ob gyns now all saying something different.

i like sex...love it...even more so now i have a bf lol. i realize im 45 and should have other things on my mind but ****it it feels good.

does having a partial hyst. deplete, change, or take away orgasm ftom both clitoral or intercourse?

how long after op can you have sex or even just um...outside play?

thank you so much. im really struggling with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Re: orgasm after partial hysterectomy

Hi! I am right there with you, I worried about this too. It's totally understandable, sex is a big part of what makes life and relationships enjoyable! I know my husband was worried about it too. The good news is, most women are just fine after, and some say it's even better than before (especially those who had pain like I did.) As far as how long to wait, each dr seems to have slightly different advice, so ask yours. Mine wants me to wait 8 weeks for intercourse, outercourse as soon as I feel up to it. I definitely don't yet, but I've had some dreams that are um, promising. 😄
Unread 11-09-2014, 09:32 AM

ty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2014, 10:13 AM

Hi! I am happy to give you my experience as I have just recovered from a partial minimally invasive surgery:-)

3 weeks a go was my surgery, davinci laparoscopic, uterus only remived, via the small abdominal incicions after he cut it into small pieces. Home that evening. Not fun. Not terrible obviously as i was feeling capable of getting home. I certainly was offered to stay as ling as i needed. No bleeding post op.

Had post op check at 12 days. Still tender. But was told that when I am up to it i can resume all activities that were comfortable except heavy lifting.
By day 18 I was ready. I checked my cervix, wiggled it. Not tender so we went for sex. It was good! No pain, felt normal.

Was it different? Well, in a weird way. I had pelvic pressure from my uterus and that was absent. I mean that constant awareness of my uterus- sex, sitting in a car, etc., is gone. Is this in any way a negative? No! Is sex in any way less? No!!
It was hard to get this question answered on this board. Not many have this surgery. So that is my story. Best of luck!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register