Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done

Unread 11-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done

Juicysprout!i am so happy to reprt a great outcome.
Went to work last week- all normal for me. Not too tired (i have a pretty high energy job, not physical, but need to be 100% all day).
Eating is good. Gas and bm issues have resolved. Swelling is gone.
Started my aggressive walk/hike routine again around 10 days. I was breathless on the hills but ok. Yesterday i felt a little more normal! Not really breathless, no stopping uphill.
And (yay!) we were able to get back to having sex this week and i can report that everything works as it did before!! I was nervous but all was good, no pain.

Wishing you a smooth surgery and recovery :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done

That's wonderful!! Very encouraging to hear too! Thank you for the update and glad all is well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergrl View Post
Juicysprout!i am so happy to reprt a great outcome.
Went to work last week- all normal for me. Not too tired (i have a pretty high energy job, not physical, but need to be 100% all day).
Eating is good. Gas and bm issues have resolved. Swelling is gone.
Started my aggressive walk/hike routine again around 10 days. I was breathless on the hills but ok. Yesterday i felt a little more normal! Not really breathless, no stopping uphill.
And (yay!) we were able to get back to having sex this week and i can report that everything works as it did before!! I was nervous but all was good, no pain.

Wishing you a smooth surgery and recovery :-)
Unread 11-09-2014, 11:03 AM

Juicysprout,

I am 12 days post total abdominal hyst and am so glad I did it! Had stage four endometriosis and bleeding almost every day of the month. I was putting off even getting checked out for a long time and one of my friends/co-worker who did it before me told me it was affecting my quality of life and she was right. It was time! I was terrified too and I'm a nurse and can really freak myself out knowing all the possible complications that can happen. I think my recovery will be a little slower than others because I was basically cut open. Am off work for 6-8 weeks because I do lift patients so have to be sure I am ready for that. Still up for short bouts only, but have run a couple of quick errands with my sister or husband driving. Not missing the constant bleeding and unpredictable "attacks" of sharp pains. You will be so glad to be on the other side of it! As for ablation - I was told if you have endo it's not recommended as it can spread it around your pelvis more. Don't know much about adenomyosis. I know how you feel about your sisters and mom not understanding how you feel. I seem to be the only blessed woman in my family as well to be afflicted with endo. Good luck!!! Cheers to a speedy recovery!!!

Sillydog1
Unread 11-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy: Finally getting it done

Thank you! I am so glad you feel better! I have been in so much pain that i can't imagine it being worse. I am on the pill so I don't bleed a lot but I have horrible lower back pain, bowel and urinary issues and so emotional. Hoping the surgery helps! Thanks for responding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillydog1 View Post
Juicysprout,

I am 12 days post total abdominal hyst and am so glad I did it! Had stage four endometriosis and bleeding almost every day of the month. I was putting off even getting checked out for a long time and one of my friends/co-worker who did it before me told me it was affecting my quality of life and she was right. It was time! I was terrified too and I'm a nurse and can really freak myself out knowing all the possible complications that can happen. I think my recovery will be a little slower than others because I was basically cut open. Am off work for 6-8 weeks because I do lift patients so have to be sure I am ready for that. Still up for short bouts only, but have run a couple of quick errands with my sister or husband driving. Not missing the constant bleeding and unpredictable "attacks" of sharp pains. You will be so glad to be on the other side of it! As for ablation - I was told if you have endo it's not recommended as it can spread it around your pelvis more. Don't know much about adenomyosis. I know how you feel about your sisters and mom not understanding how you feel. I seem to be the only blessed woman in my family as well to be afflicted with endo. Good luck!!! Cheers to a speedy recovery!!!

Sillydog1
Unread 11-09-2014, 04:21 PM

You are welcome! Good luck!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register