2 week post op pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 week post op pain 2 week post op pain

Unread 12-02-2005, 07:59 AM
2 week post op pain

just wondering if this in normal... I have this pain on the left side--lower then the incision..
especially hurts when getting up or sitting down...feels like I am being poked... Plus another feeling is this cramp like feeling like you have waited to long to go pee (but you don't have to go)
I haven't been in too much pain overall, but yesterday and today...seems to be painful...just wondering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 08:53 AM
2 week post op pain

First let me send you a big !

Whenever you are feeling pain that feels "different" then you should call your doctor. While I do remember feeling some of things you mention, it certainly won't hurt to check with your dr. to make sure.

Please keep us posted on your progress!
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:15 AM
exact same thing!

I have the same horrible pains that take my breath away and cause me to swear or cry out! Yesterday was better and I hope today will be too. I have my post-op this morning. Trying to figure out a way to get up from sitting without pain - seems to help if I put my hands on my knees to raise up. Or focus on the right side of my body to get up....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 10:23 AM
2 week post op pain

Hello Mermaid,
We had surgery on the same day! I failed to notice what you had done before I replied. I have the same stuff exactly. The pain down low, I was told is a suture knot. It is pulling where we were put back together. Mine is getting better but I also am wearing a binder and at night in bed, I am massaging the area. The binder is a god send. I was getting so much burning pain getting in and out of bed and just moving my legs in general. Now the binder just keeps everything firmly in place and I feel so much more comfortable. It does not bug my incision at all.
As for the bladder thing, same over here. My Doc said it was due to the handling and the fact that things are moving around finding new palces to call home. It will all adjust eventually. But as PJL said, don't wait to call your Doc if you have any concerns.
I had my ovaries taken out and I can tellyou I am really freaking out about what may come in the wake of that. Today I have a headache and I am sure it is the hormones starting to depleat.
Great luck with the rest of you recovery.

Renee
Unread 12-03-2005, 07:32 AM
2 week post op pain

I'm new to this site, and I had my TAH/BSO the same day as you, too. I am a physician (dermatologist), not a GYN. I had a very similar sharp pain that radiated from my left lower abdomen below the incision, all the way down my thigh, whenever I tried to raise my left leg. It just went away. I'm sure we will have a lot of these things, and most are not cause for alarm.

But when in doubt DO NOT HESITATE to call your doc! As a doctor myself, I would much rather have a patient call me if she has a question. Most of the time the answer will be reassuring. And on that rare occasion you might avoid a worse complication. Good luck!
Unread 12-03-2005, 09:28 AM
2 week post op pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid48
Plus another feeling is this cramp like feeling like you have waited to long to go pee (but you don't have to go)
Personally, I'd be a little worried about this one - wondering if it might be the start of a bladder infection or something. I would definitely call my doc if I were you. Just to be safe.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register