How are YOU spending your week before? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are YOU spending your week before? How are YOU spending your week before?

Unread 05-17-2011, 05:32 AM
Re: How are YOU spending your week before?

My surgery is in 6 days. I got completely weird about food and prepped an insane number of meals in the freezer, plus stock-piled meat for the grill so my husband won't have to think about it too much (although he's a very good cook). Right now, I'm trying to make sure that my office work stays under control. I'm having a second surgery in 3 weeks, so I'll be out of the office for at least seven weeks.

I spent the entire day yesterday thinking about paper products. Do I need to buy some giant packages of toilet paper? Really -- I am sure that my husband can go to the store for tp, but I'm feeling so out of control with the surgeries coming that I am trying to control what I can about my environment.

I did get a terrible cold, I'm on antibiotics, and now I have a yeast infection - so it's not been a fun run-up to the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 01:01 PM

Gosh.... I can relate to just about every single one of these posts!!!
it was a blast to get away - I'm a thrill seeker so in to do something crazy was fun! it was so nice to get away from it all.... I JUST graduated nursing school last Friday - so needless to say much around here has been neglected, I am working in it.. I used to be such a freak about the house - then when school started all of that changed...
and funny.. I have been loading up on paper products too... funny thing is though - I buy most of mine on Amazon, I keep an eye out for the deals and order in bulk. It's nice - not worrying about it - and the thought of paying store prices makes me cringe... yesterday you woulda thought I was preparing for a feast of 20 or a hurricane...? but I made sure to buy all my favorite foods... mac and cheese.. greek yogurt.. italian ice.. mandarin oranges... It's so refreshing that I am not the only one doing all these funny things!! and God Bless the makers of Lysteda that allowed me to go all crazy and run around!!!
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:51 PM

My surgery is tomorrow. We spent last weekend at the home of some really good friends having a great weekend with some hot tub time. I came back completely relaxed and calmer than I've been in weeks.

I've done some cleaning around the house, but really not as much as I had hoped to get done.

I'm sitting here the night before my surgery and my gut is churning away doing it's thing and all I really want to do is sleep.. I guess it's because I haven't really slept all that well in a month anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 04:02 PM

that sounds so nice.... hot tub! yeah, I think I might be doing the same come Thursday night... although after my freak-out and meltdown in my doctors office 2 weeks ago she prescribed me xanax... I only take them at night and I sleep pretty good.... but tomorrow will be here soon enough - and you will have it all behind you.. begin to recover, relax.. and hopefully sleep then.
Unread 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM

I'm scheduled for surgery May 27th. I just got home from 3 and half hours at the salon. I went blonde and got a totally new haircut. I'm spending the rest of my days before surgery relaxing, reading for pleasure. Luckily, I don't have to work this summer because I decided not to teach during the summer session. Hooray!
drjp
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:33 PM

I'm thinking of taking some vacation time from work. I've been so distracted, out of my mind, and on pain meds most the time that I'm not being very productive. But I don't know if I should ask. My employer has been wonderful so I don't want to take advantage of them, but then again, I'm not doing them any favors right now either. I'm in sales and haven't been "in the field" for a couple weeks now due to the pain meds. I can call in for intermittent FMLA, but have only done that when I'm in severe pain and can't work at all. Otherwise, I try to work from home when I can stay focused. But if I was on vacation, I could concentrate on cleaning house (have only done my bedroom so far), and buying all those paper products. Ugh - I wish my surgery was sooner.

I think I'll take advantage of the hot tub while I still can and hopefully that will relax me a bit. Maybe I'll get some sleep then. Maybe I'll think clearer in the morning.
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:25 PM

My surgery isn't until August, but the week beforehand, I plan on cleaning up the apartment and get our spare room ready for my "extended rest period". I'll also be staying away from people, just to ensure that I don't get sick before the surgery (call me paranoid, but I'm just that lucky!). Packing my bag, and cooking and freezing some meals, just so my husband has little excuse to order out :-). And, just maybe get a manicure/pedicure or massage before I go to the hospital.
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:31 PM

Crazy thing - I spent 2 days scrubbing the bathroom... insane - even regrouting... and not touched our room = guess what I will be doing tomorrow!
Question - what kind of jammies are you getting for wearing the first couple of days at home?? I looked at several places today and walked out empty handed... ;( Nightie gowns? one with pants? just curious... I don't own any cute "jammies" per say... I just wear sweat, crops.... I was thinking about going to Sears tomorrow and wanted to know what others were picking up?? I thought maybe something comfy/cute - yet inexpensive would be nice???
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM

Well I'm a week out and trying to raise my hemoglobin levels so taking multivitamins, iron supplement, and iron-rich foods.

I work from home so my days off are saved for surgery and recovery so I'll be working during the weekdays.

I do have some fun planned though, my BFF and I are traveling to a big AKC Toy Dog Show up in OK this weekend. Although we are showing 4 pugs in the show we hope to have some fun shopping and relaxing

I can pack in a flash so I'll do that the day before hee hee
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:24 PM

Floridagurl, on the jammies, I'll probably check out the local Walmart, they always seem to have some cute Disney ones. Sears is another good option though!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register