How are YOU spending your week before? - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are YOU spending your week before? How are YOU spending your week before?

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Re: How are YOU spending your week before?

Im a good ways out yet BLAH
I'll be working the week before surgery, but I'll have a 3 day weekend before my surgery on Tuesday. Ill spend those 3 days straightening the house up, cooking some meals, buying up some books and mags for when I am home recovering, buying up snacks and lunches that my boys can make for themselves during the day.
My stepmom just gave me a gift certificate for my birthday that she intended for me to get a pedicure with, but I noticed that the spa has all sorts of massages ...think Im going to save it and get myself a massage the Friday before surgery! Ive never had one, so that is perfect timing to try one out.

For jammies I think Im just going to get some PJ pants in a size a little biggger than I need, with drawstrings so I can adjust them to my sore belly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Humm as for jammies.. I am a oozzer after surgery and have ruined some stuff so I wear old stuff I just make sure its clean.. My come home from hospital clothing consist of a lounge pair of betty boop bottoms and my long pink(faded lol) shirt I got for my breast cancer surgeries.. Its familiar and I have recovered from at least six surgeries in that shirt so to me old is better and more comphy.. I will take others with me to the hospital but i usually never end up putting on anything but the hospital stuff because the first few days after surgery are usually messy and I dont want to mess up any of my stuff let them do the wash.. lol...I have my doc appt tomorrow he will send in my release form it was close he didnt have anything last week and then thursday will be in the house day.. clear liquids and bowel prep... dont think I am going anywhere that day..lol
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:19 PM

Hellloooo I have to work up till the fri before surgery n then I plan on a relaxing weekend with no fuss maybe dinner out with my man n daughter then the big op on mon hope everyone's surgery goes well sending positive thoughts to all cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPhoenix View Post
Floridagurl, on the jammies, I'll probably check out the local Walmart, they always seem to have some cute Disney ones. Sears is another good option though!
Thanks!! I never thought of Wal-Mart... Ill try it this AM... I avoid that store like the plague... but maybe this am it will be quiet??? thanks!!!!
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:00 AM

Floridagurl - I found some "lounge" type dresses online last night from Woman Within. I'm a size 14/16 and this website is for plus size woman. They are made of cotton and can be worn as a nightgown, but cute enough to wear as a dress or a cover-up in the summer. Prices ranged from $8.99-$14.99. I'll probably wear one to the castle next month so I don't have to have much pressure on my belly. But I also picked up jammie shorts and comfy t-shirts from Walmart. Got the shirts for $3.00! The shorts are loose on my belly now, but who knows after surgery! They did have some really cute Disney sets like Scarlet Phoenix mentioned. I'll only be in the castle 1 night, so I don't plan on bringing my own jammies, I'll just ask for a 2nd hospital gown to wear as a robe. Happy shopping!
Unread 05-18-2011, 07:19 AM

My surgery is 6 weeks away but I am going on vacation 4 weeks post op so I am a little overwhelmed thinking about everything I need to get done before hand. I am making lists and will start getting a jump on things within the next week or so.
Unread 05-18-2011, 07:40 AM

I hadn't thought about not getting sick. I've got a job that puts me around tons of people everyday. And an event tonight where I'll talk to 100 people. Rethinking that. I too am prepping my place, "spring" cleaning and stocking up. I had a similar surgery to remove fibroids 10 years ago. So I more dread than fear the process. I'm also battling my insurance. They only want to give me one day in the hospital. My pre-op didn't go so well yesterday. I'm awaiting the results of a blood test for cancer. I'm keeping calm on that one because cysts are popular in my family. But now I don't know if my ovaries are staying or going. That's probably a different thread. New to the site and having trouble getting around.
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:49 PM

My surgery is June 20th, so the day before I'll be celebrating my husband and Dad since it's Father's Day. We'll be pretty much eating all day...baked french toast, grilling for dinner, and munchy food in between!

On the 18th I'll be running in a Warrior Run and getting nice and muddy through a 5k, can't wait!

Earlier in the week I'll be taking some time to myself and celebrating the anniversary of the arrival of my boys from Korea. I've got a full and fun week planned!
Unread 05-18-2011, 05:48 PM

Wow 2XSuvivor, now those are some plans!! Good luck on your run and congrats to your boy's anniversary. I have a niece and nephew from Korea - what an awesome blessing!
Unread 05-18-2011, 08:49 PM

Walmart had some cute knee length t-shirt style nighties with stripes or solids for about $8. I also looked at some thrift stores and got some rayon/silk type large button up night shirts to slip into. In the tips section many said to go for knee length for easy mobility and not getting tangled up.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register