How are YOU spending your week before? - Page 5 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are YOU spending your week before? How are YOU spending your week before?

Unread 05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Re: How are YOU spending your week before?

Well, now that I am on the other side and 4 days post-op... some things I am so glad I did..
stock up on some of my favorite snacks/snacks in general.. applesauce, puddings, fruit, all in those little cups.. yogurt, coffee creamer.
clean my room - man o' man was it a sight for sore eyes...
make sure all my comfy clothes were in plain sight for me to access - I did this at the last minute, just a little pile on my cedar chest.
get some gas-X, stool softener - I don't care how regular you are - your going to need it!!!
comfy short nightshirts, granny panties
MUST for hospital gum, mints... and maybe a small fan!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Sending hugs and prayers your way pentunia123. I pray you will find some peace of mind in the days to come. Sounds like you really have your hands full with your grandchildren.
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:01 PM

thanks, I guess I am just having huge panic attack. I am waiting for it to subside, but so far, it hasn't. My grandchildren are a handful, but what would I do without them>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2011, 04:14 PM

Cleaned the guest room, doing laundry, and Saturday I'm shopping for post surgery clothes.
It's kind of weird how calm I am. I got the tears and worry out a few weeks ago. Now I'm looking forward to no more periods and losing a few pounds.
Dee
Unread 05-31-2011, 04:20 PM

well i got married this past weekend and this commin friday im having mine done im supposed to be enjoying my honeymoon but instead im haveing surgery boy this is alot to take on . stress. no sleep scard in all im only 34 what am i thinkin runnin and hide in a hole somewhere
Unread 05-31-2011, 04:32 PM

My surgery is in about 2 weeks, June 16th. I plan on cleaning the house really good, shopping for things I will need for after, and my wedding anniversary is the day after surgery so my hubby and I are going to a nice restaurant to celebrate about a week before. I am going to treat myself to a pedicure before as well.
Unread 05-31-2011, 04:34 PM

@doena, I think you will find lots of support on here - I'm so sorry... that is allot to take in... my heart goes out to you!

@skye, if I could go out and go shopping I think i'd get a couple more night-shirt type things to wear... now that I am not in control of the laundry, wishing I had a couple more..
Unread 05-31-2011, 07:23 PM

Mrs. Dole

Mrs. Dole

Please don't hide out

in a hole.

: ) xox R
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:08 PM

I'm spending my week before relaxing! Got everything moved, cleaned, unpacked, organized and hung up in five days. Did the final walkthrough on the rental house today and got the full deposit back so I can finally breathe again.

I'm not actually going to be relaxing too much, really. Tomorrow I have an entire notebook page full of "to do" to accomplish before work at 3 pm. I'm getting everything I can get in order for the kids' birthday party the Saturday after surgery, catching up with life after basically leaving it for a week due to the move and finishing up all the associated things that need to be done when you move. Thursday I work, Friday is an all-day trip out of town, Saturday is work again, and Sunday is crunch time for prep on the party and surgery (another page of to-do that day). It'll all get done, but it's becoming apparent that the first real rest I'm going to get is while recovering.

I'm getting really really nervous though. I literally haven't had any time to really think on it since I was scheduled and since this morning I've been getting butterflies in my stomach when I think about the surgery. My wife didn't help this evening, telling me that she'd switched a PTO day to use it for a festival we want to go to at the end of June instead of taking it for the day of or after my surgery (when I'm supposed to be going home). Yep, I wasn't pleased, and she quickly learned the error of her ways. She wasn't going to get away with "I forgot" this time.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register