Scheduled TAH Happy, Scared & Waiting.... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happy, Scared & Waiting.... Happy, Scared & Waiting....

Unread 05-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Happy, Scared & Waiting....

After two reschedules I'm finally set up to have my hysterectomy in about two weeks. I'm thrilled to get this fibroid out of me & to start feeling better but I had a scary experience with my c-section so I'm scared to repeat what happened last time. I had internal bleeding and it was really bad on top of that I have to take blood thinners because of a previous heart surgery. The one thing I think I might done was walking to much after my c-section. My son was in the NICU & I walked all the way the hall to the elevator to his floor & then back up to my room.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Re: Happy, Scared & Waiting....

oooh, I am envious that you have your surgery date - my doc said the hospital does not schedule more than 30 days in advance and I still need another Lupron shot, so I would be at best case 45 days out.

I am having three shots of Lupron over three months to try and shrink the sizes of my fibriods and uterus. The plan my doc and I worked out is that if the 20 cm uterus shrinks I may be a candidate for a vaginal procedure instead of abdominal. Same with the grapefruit sized fibriod, it's gotta shrink, too.

It is GREAT that you found this site - I have learned so much here, not only about hysterectomy but about my fellow Sisters. I've even sent the brouchure to my doc because he hadn't heard of the site.

Hope you get a chance to celebrate the Memorial Weekend and do something just for you.

K9happy
Unread 05-27-2011, 01:03 PM

Have faith in your Doctor and just listento his instructions upon being released and all will go well . Just remember to take it real slow for the first couple of weeks and let your body do the healing that it needs to do after.

Wishing you all the best in you surgery and i believe all will go well. =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2011, 12:12 AM

My fibroid is about the same size & my dr didn't even tell me that there was a shot that might shrink it but then again my dr is in & out very quickly lol I still had one foot in the stirrups as he walked out the door telling me that I needed surgery lol. I already had a feeling that was gonna be the case because my mom went thru it & my mom watches a lot of Dr Oz & he had a show about it lol
Thank u both for the advise :0)
Unread 05-28-2011, 02:29 PM

Monalove - Your last post makes me uncomfortable. Is this doctor going to be accessible and take the time if you need him after surgery? Seems a bit rude to be walking out while announcing that you need surgery. Have you thought about a second opinion?
Unread 05-28-2011, 02:42 PM

monalove - you sum up my feelings so accurately! happy, scared, waiting... I also had a c-section (23 years ago) with a baby in the NICU but my hospital made me call for a wheelchair to go see him! From what I read those who take it easy do best with the surgery - that's the hardest part! I do not have a set surgery date but my doc said she wants to get it done in June - I'll find out the date Tuesday - meanwhile I'm cleaning and organizing like crazy pre-op so I can give post-op me the best chance of resting. I know you are going to do great!
Unread 05-28-2011, 07:44 PM

As for fibroids, I did a lot of research on this. Yes there are alternatives but none of them are full remedies. They are only partial fixes and band-aids. Hyst is the best way to go. Yes they can shrink your fibroids with lupron, but trust me, you don't want this, and it is only temporary. Yes, they can remove them but you could get more later. Yes, they can do the arterial embolization but that only shrinks them too. As long as you have your hormones, hormones feed the fibroids. Unless you want kids or more kids, I recommend the hyst. I hope this helps.
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:33 PM

Danni3113 - I think I heard some of his nurses talking about how he had been running late that day because of some accident & he had some surgeries that day he needed to get to but I think he's a good dr. I just found out that he delivered of my friends sons and she says he was a good dr the only thing she didn't like was that he would sometimes try to be funny and he would fail but yes I did think of talking to another dr but w/ my ins it would take some time & I really want to have the surgery before my next semester of classes.
Thank you for your concern

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register