Scheduled TVH new here surgrey feb 5.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here surgrey feb 5.. new here surgrey feb 5..

Unread 12-27-2012, 02:49 PM
new here surgrey feb 5..

So after biopsys. Pain for months my doc. Scheduled me for a tvh. I'm 27 have 3 kids. Not worried but nervous. My last baby 9 months now was csection. And that may change surgery procedures. What's the pain like afterwards? Does this effect my sex life? So many questions. I have adenomyosis... any tips ext would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2012, 05:23 PM
new here surgrey feb 5..

Hello. I just had my TVH on the 20th. I'm 38 also with 3 kiddos. If you had a C-section youll be fine. I stuggled with fibroids and endometriosis since I was 25. When I woke from surgery I had little pain so opted not to take any pain meds. Unfortunately as the anesthesia wore off the pain kicked in (I'd say its like being punched really hard in the stomach) but since I had taken nothing earlier it got ahead of me really quick. As soon as I was able to get on top if it the pain was VERY manageable and in fact i only used the narcotic pain meds for about a day and a half. Then I took Advil for a couple days. Now unless I over do it i dont need anything. My suggestion to you is to take the pain meds when offered even if you don't think you need them. You'll do just fine. You'll be so glad when it's done!! Good luck!!
Unread 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Re: new here surgrey feb 5..

I had a TVH on December 12th. Like boise123 said I only took the pain meds a day and a half and now I don't need anything! The waiting is the worst but you will be on the other side before you know it!! Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2012, 08:05 PM

I know this is an overwhelming experience. Your fears and emotions are very normal.

For pain, everyone is different. The other sister is right - take the pain meds offered to you. You will heal better if your pain is under control. They will ask you how much pain you are in and give you meds to match.

Regarding sex afterwards. Everyone is different on this as well. Some say sex is better, some say worse, and everywhere in between. For me (I had a TAH BSO), sex feels different. (DH cannot tell any difference without my cervix). My orgasms are not as intense - I miss the muscle contraction. BUT they are more frequent. So who knows what the body will do. We do have to use lubricant, and that is frustrating for me.

Ask whatever questions you have, and we will try to answer them. Also post your nerves, fears, freakouts, and emotions. It really does help. We are here to help and support you. We will be by your side throughout this!

Unread 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the support. I did find out several members in my family has had this issue. So not feeling so alone.
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM

Your surgery is two days before mine. I am feeling the same way. As one reply mentioned, I read one thing from one poster and the opposite from another. I've decided to not panic too much and know that no two people are identical and so no two people will have identical outcomes. I wish you the best.
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:33 PM
new here surgrey feb 5..

Hi. I just had my hysterectomy yesterday morning. I actually feel pretty dang good! Yeah! I am sore but that is to be expected. If you have any questions please feel free to message me.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by meganhope View Post
So after biopsys. Pain for months my doc. Scheduled me for a tvh. I'm 27 have 3 kids. Not worried but nervous. My last baby 9 months now was csection. And that may change surgery procedures. What's the pain like afterwards? Does this effect my sex life? So many questions. I have adenomyosis... any tips ext would be appreciated!
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:07 PM

We strongly encourage you to post your questions or emotional support needs on the forums, and not send a private message to an individual. That is what these forums are for. Also, with a much wider range of women you have a better chance of getting your questions answered, or getting the view point of a number of women.

:hugs2u:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register