My Pre-Op appt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Pre-Op appt My Pre-Op appt

Unread 04-25-2006, 06:05 PM
My Pre-Op appt

I had my pre-op today. I was at the Drs and the Hospital for about 3 hours. Started off with the Dr and a lovely little "look". Then I had to fill out all the paperwork and got all the warnings what to do/what not to do between now and surgery. My surgery isn't till 2:30 in the afternoon and I have to have no food or drink after midnite the nite before. But no bowel prep so that's an even trade, I guess...lol Then I had an EKG, they took blood and urine (they need to be sure I'm not pregnant...lol). Then we walked over to where they will admit me the day of my surgery just so I know where I'm going, etc. After that we had all the paperwork filled out for my disability insurance so DH doesn't have to mess with that while I'm in the hospital. I think I feel better than I have the last few days as far as nerves, etc go. I just hope Monday comes quickly and is uneventful and my life starts to get back to "normal".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2006, 07:27 PM
My Pre-Op appt

Thank you for sharing your pre op experince with us. I'm glad to hear things went OK for you. Take care and try to relax some before.

I have my pre op on Friday... starting to get the jitters!
Unread 04-26-2006, 06:34 AM
My Pre-Op appt

It sounds like you had a good pre op
I found that staying busy helped me pass those last few days of waiting. Don't forget to include a little "pre pampering" for yourself. treat yourself to something that you really enjoy, even if it's just a nice long soak in a warm tub. Add music and candles, maybe a cup of hot tea or chocolate. Enjoy your favorite meal out, take in a movie - whatever YOU enjoy most

Best wishes.

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register