Newbie and Nervous... PMDD & migraines | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie and Nervous... PMDD & migraines Newbie and Nervous... PMDD & migraines

Unread 08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Newbie and Nervous... PMDD & migraines

Hi! I just found this site, so I am still surfing around and trying to absorb all that I can, the good, the bad, and the ugly...

I am scheduled for TAH/BSO on Sept. 22 and I think I am ready, sometimes not so sure... I have struggled with heavy bleeding, uterine tumors, severe PMDD, and now severe ovarian cysts accompanied by severe migraines.
Since nothing has worked to this point, I guess my feelings about my hysterectomy are jaded. I worry so much about my hormones and how they will be affected post op as no form of hrt has worked until now(estrogen, birth control, natural hormones...etc) My migraines are up to over 8-10/mo. with one great big long one during my period.
I am just so tired of feeling sick and tired if that makes sense.

In the short time I have been on here I find myself amazed at how many other women share my emotions, aches and pains! It's soooo nice to know its not in my head!!!!
I do have several questions for any one out there that might relate to them....

#1- I am 36, is there any one else out there around my age that has had the TAH/BSO performed? Any advice?

#2-If you did suffer severe PMDD, migraines, etc, how did you respond to the hrt post op? I am being told that it should all go away... hmmmm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2008, 04:01 PM

susannap2

Wel i haven't had my surgery yet. I can tell you that i do share your emotions about the surgery. I am supposed to go in on sept 10. I am sure that everything wil be fine. They just have to find the right hormone level for you.
Unread 08-22-2008, 05:28 PM

Good luck on your surgery Heather. I do hope they can find the right hormones. Estrogen seems to be the absolute worst for me... or maybe the lack of might be perfect, I could handle that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2008, 04:37 AM

I'm so sorry you've had to go through so much suffering to finally come to the end of it all and get your life back. No, I can't relate to what you are going through, I just had everything taken out because I didn't want them anymore, sneaking down there just waiting to give me some disease. I went through my menopause at 43 so why not? However, after I had a total hyst 2 months ago, it has been relatively pain-free, comfortable, and have been able to go with my daily routine just as before. If I didn't know for sure I had had a hyst., I wouldn't believe it. I know this is not what you're asking about. There's a medication called "Topamax" that is supposed to be good for migraines, maybe you could ask you Dr. about that. Wanting everything to be the best for you!
bonniebolander60
Unread 08-23-2008, 04:43 AM

I am sure you will find so much help and support from the ladies on here, i have already, it is the best place I have found relating to hysterectomy, so much more informative than any books or other sites, you get to see how each and everyone of us react different to surgery etc..... its great
Unread 08-23-2008, 09:59 AM

Thank you Bonnie and MrsK. It's so odd and interesting that nobody really seems to have the same reaction to the hysterectomy. I am trying to relax about it, but that is totally out of character for me, I am quite the worrywart!
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:39 PM

susannap2
I'am sure you will think I'am nuts. Waiting is the worst part. I was a big worrywart to. You will be fine once it is over you will just feel a sigh of relief. I has tah bso. The worst part is the bowel movements afterwards. just get on stool softners and you will do fine. I have no regrets. You will read and read. Like I said the waiting is the worst
Unread 08-23-2008, 07:54 PM

We are surgery twins. I too am nervous but very excited to be free of pain, migraine and the moodiness. I have a low hemoglobin that never is normal due to all the bleeding.They suspect ademonysis?

I am 31,have twins that start kindergarten Monday and work full time as a tech in the ICU of a major hospital in Missouri.What about you?

Hang in there, we have less than one month to go.
Unread 08-23-2008, 08:46 PM

Hi,

If you do a Search and put in "migraines post-op", a few threads will come up on it.

I hope your surgery will make things better for you.

s
Unread 08-23-2008, 10:09 PM

Hi Susan and welcome to Hyster sisters. I know how much this site helped me! I had a TAH/BSO on July 30th and am now 3 1/2 weeks post. Everyone walks away from their procedures with a story and I'm sure you will too. I was extremely nervous about the unknown and it is a totally normal way to feel. I was blessed with a great experience (some weird stuff with anestesia but that is not typical according to my doctor.) Otherwise my hospital stay, nursing staff and post surgery has been noneventful. I read threads , asked lots of questions before surgery and read every bit of imformation I could that related to my type of surgery and others experiences. It really prepared me and I felt comfortable and confident during the actual pre/post hysterectomy. The most important thing I can pass on is that drinking alot of fluids and getting MASS AMOUNTS of rest is important. I am one of those Hyper-active adults that seem to have a hard time sitting still and resting. Its a constant battle but I keep working on it! Best of Luck on your visit to the Castle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register