Am I doing the right thing??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I doing the right thing??? Am I doing the right thing???

Unread 04-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Am I doing the right thing???

I am scheduled to have an LSH done on April 27th....I am all for it...but I am going crazy about not knowing if I am still going to have cramps after surgery with leaving my cervix in...the mini periods I can deal with...it's alot better than the real heavy bleeding I had before my ablation....it's the severe cramps that I have now and always had since I started my period that I can't deal with...the pain has taken over my life for about 2 weeks making it so difficult to do my daily routine and take care of my kids (especially my son who is autistic and does not understand why mommy is not paying attention to him)

If I leave my cervix in will I still get the cramps like I have or is it the ovaries too that can give you the cramps....the doctor says that she wants to leave them in since I am 39 and she does not want me to go into early menopause....I was happy when she said she will do the LSH because she said that it is less down time....and since I have no one that is going to help me out (my DH has no time to get off work and my family...well I have no excuse for them) So I am already going crazy trying to figure out who's going to take care of my kids while I am in the hospital... who is going to take care of the dog...I know it is only for one night but it's driving me crazy....
I apologize for rambling on but it seems like no one is understanding me now of days...my mom says you should do this or you should do that but is not saying anything helpfull....I am so use to doing everything on my own and never ask anyone for anything always use to doing things for everyone else ... now I am the one that needs the help and no one is stepping up....
Again I aplogize for rambling....I guess I need to get things off my chest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Re: Am I doing the right thing???

I too am wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I'm having them leave my cervix in and I've recently been wondering if I will still be in pain because of that. As far as the ovaries go, I've read a lot of posts on this site and it seems that those who have their ovaries removed have more regrets than those who don't. There are a lot of hormonal issues to deal with on top of the surgery and being 37 years old, I'm not ready for menopause just yet.

I know I get some sharp pain from my ovaries from time to time, but it's fleeting and I think I can deal with that in the long run. I guess if I'm wrong, I could always go back and have them remove the cervix and/or ovaries at at later date.

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting people to help you out. It's really a shame no one is willing to step up to the plate now that you're in need of help. People can be so self involved sometimes. I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful DH who is very supportive.

Try taking a deep breath and think positive thoughts. I know that sounds really lame, but that's what I'm trying to do right now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register