Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 07, 2016 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 07, 2016 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 07, 2016

Unread 08-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 07, 2016

Welcome Ladies to your Pre Op Open House! We are so glad you’ve joined us. This is your place to introduce yourself, ask your questions, and just speak about whatever is on your mind as you approach your surgery date.

As our surgery approaches, the nerves can get out of hand! This is completely normal, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier. The waiting truly is the hardest part, so your best course of action is to keep busy. Scrub your house, cook & freeze meals, and prepare your recovery area. Stock up on books, magazines, puzzles, movies and hobbies to keep you quietly busy while you recover. Get out of the house and have fun with family and friends... go for a picnic, to the movies, or perhaps have a spa day. Finally it's important to take quiet time just for you as well. Meditate, yoga, quiet walks or a long bubble bath will soothe your nerves and help give you peace.

Here are some articles to help you prepare:

10 Essentials to Pack for Hospital

5 Ways to Prepare & First Surgery
Relaxation Suggestions
Expectations vs. Reality

I see a few ladies here live alone and have some concerns about recovering by themselves. Here are a couple articles with tips and suggestions to help:

10 Tips for Recovering At Home Alone

Living Alone & Recovering from Hysterectomy

Deep breaths, Ladies, you can do this! And we are here for you every step of the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeterso View Post
What shows are you going to watch on Netflix? I'm caught up on all my favourites and am looking for suggestions.
Check out this thread!

Netflix Suggestions

Unread 08-07-2016, 06:02 PM

Hi - my surgery is scheduled for August 11. I am nervous and not looking forward to the first few days post surgery.

I had my pre-op earlier this week and now know that along with my uterus, my cervix and tubes will be removed. My ovaries will stay unless there is a need to take them.

I will be off work for 4 weeks.

I just got done getting my bedroom and bathroom cleaned and prepped and will do one last quick clean on Wednesday.

I am most anxious about keeping my dog off of my midsection.

I hope all goes well for everyone this week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2016, 09:10 PM

So weird, I made a long post earlier, but it disappeared?
Best wishes to those on the chat!
I will be having a TAH BSO on Friday the 12 th.i have had a long 14 yr battle with Fibroids. The stop gap measures are now ended and we go the distance now.
As an active 60 yr old with a small horse farm, I have dreaded this day, because I lose control of the care I give my animals. Just cannot imagine my husband being able to handle my down time. In the past surgeries, he has been really good for a day and a half then he goes awol. So I will pray for all of us, that we have the sucessful surgery with little drama, and get the opportunity to have a stress free recovery!
Unread 08-07-2016, 09:12 PM

Will be thinking of you all headed in tomorrow!! :-)
Unread 08-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 07, 2016

Since this will be the end of my summer I went out for dinner with a friend. It got me thinking about the fibristal (name in Canada) medication I have been on for three months. The purpose was to stop the bleeding and shrink the tumor. The first two months went well with less bleeding and maybe shrinkage but the last month it seems to have gotten bigger. Thankfully the medication will be covered by my plan as it was 1200.00 for the three months. I am not sure if there will be a generic brand coming out but I certainly hope so as this is very pricey without coverage. I am looking forward to not being anemic and more energy. I have not suffered years with this but noticed a sharp decline in the last two year energy wise and symptom wise. I can not imagine having to live like this at my age and am thankful and looking forward to some relief.
Unread 08-07-2016, 09:39 PM

Best wishes to all going in tomorrow! See you on the other side.
Unread 08-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread Aug 07-Aug 13,2016

Our time today has come to an end - our Pre-Op Open House Chat Thread is now closed. Thank you to all our members who attended as we support one another - women helping women.

The staff of HysterSisters is sending you hugs for the best outcome for your hysterectomy.

As you wait for your scheduled surgery, if you have more questions, please start a new thread discussion here in Pre-op hysterectomy forum area.

Then, after your surgery, there will be a specially created thread for our members who have surgery this week. Look for it in the Post-op Hysterectomy Recovery forum - specifically the Hysterectomy Recover Reports forum with dates matching your surgery date. You will find your surgery sisters there.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register