How proactive do I get? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How proactive do I get? How proactive do I get?

Unread 08-23-2008, 10:55 PM
How proactive do I get?

At my visit with the urogyne she mentioned having my regular gyne do the hyster and she would do the bladder portion. She said she would write a letter to my gyne AFTER my urodynamics test which is scheduled for september 10. She told me that I could call on monday and set up the surgery date. I told her it would be best for me to have my surgery either late september/early october or end of october after parent/teacher conferences.

So my question is: Do I call my gyne and tell him what she said or just wait until the urogyne contacts the gyne.

I really would like to get my surgery date soon so I can start making plans and work on my lesson plans.

I don't want to be stepping on any toes in the process. What are your thoughts, hystersisters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2008, 10:59 PM
How proactive do I get?

I would let the urogyn make all the connections. I think the doctors respond better to each other; you would just end up being the middle man (woman). Hopefully they can give you a choice of dates that they both have available or can accommodate your schedule since it is several weeks away. I did not have both done at the same time as I did not really know I had a problem until after the hyster. Glad you are doing it all together.
Kim
LSH 6/27/07
Anterior repair and bladder sling 6/17/08
I do June dates because I am a teacher too!
Unread 08-23-2008, 11:05 PM
How proactive do I get?

Since I teach summer school and my state is on a modified year round schedule summer would have also been a difficult time. ( I get out in the middle of June and go back the middle of July).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2008, 05:31 AM
How proactive do I get?

Hello

I understand your concern about 'knowing' a date and being able to plan life around it. I'm in a similiar situation, but now have had my 'date' pushed back three months by a minor bladder infection.

My gyno is great in understanding that I run a business and have kids and family to organise, so they suggested to perhaps wait until school holidays, etc.

My approach has been something like this. Phoning the receptionist for the gyno. "Hello I'm ......, I'm having a hysterectomy, etc soon, but don't have a date scheduled yet. I'm just wondering when it might be scheduled for so that I can plan for releif staff, etc."

I found it was helpful to let them know why I want to know. Most doctors are used to having patients with usual day jobs that are able to take six weeks off as opposed to patients who can't take lengthy holidays.
Unread 08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
plot thickens

Thanks for the different options presented.

While visiting with my parents tonight I was asked when my surgery would be. My parents are planning to take a trip to the mainland to visit my step-sister who just had a baby (with serious health problems. My mom does not want to be gone while I have my surgery. They are waiting to hear when my surgery date is before they make their reservations. I thought I might wait it out, but it looks like I will have to try and see what I can do tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register