To all my sisters :-) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To all my sisters :-) To all my sisters :-)

Unread 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM
To all my sisters :-)

I just want to thank you and this site for keeping me company during this lonely time. I wish that I could sit at my pc to read everything posted, but my computer chair is wooden, so I'm know you know how uncomfortable that can be.I'm 5 days post op. Had vaginal hysterectomy, one ovary removed and a bladder suspension. Some days I feel great, thanks to the meds and others I'm totally exhausted. I'm so anxious to get out of my house, but I am taking your advice and not going to be superwoman. I look at the dishes and laundry and actually want to do them.lol sometimes I cry because I feel like a burden to my husband. I even tried to take my dog out but I can't even do that, she got so excited and bumped up against my belly,ouch! That's when I gave up and surrendered to the fact that I do need to rest.
I wish all of you a healthy and speedy recovery and thank you all so much for your stories and advice. Love and light to everyone. O:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Re: To all my sisters :-)

Keep resting sister!! You only get one shot @ a good recovery and the dishes and laundry will still be there when your better, if you run out of clean undies just try turning them inside out, lol that way you get 2 weeks for the price of 1!! (Just kidding) but please don't stress, enjoy relaxing and resting, this is YOUR time xx
Unread 12-18-2013, 05:36 PM

Yes, agree with moz. Just look at the dishes and laundry and remember how much you have done in the past for everyone. Keep resting and don't hurt yourself like I did!!! It's not worth it. Trust me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2013, 07:13 PM

I feel the same way. I don't like not being in control of my house, especially at Christmastime.
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:19 PM

I would love to just lay around and let dishes pile up. I have my "sisters" here but, I have no kids, no husband, the man I have devoted my life to is suffering with Lou Gerigh's disease. I have to do my own dishes , and they have been piling up since Saturday. I am going to try doing them tomorrow.
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Judi. No or friends nearby to lend a hand? Will your insurance help to pay for an aide?
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:24 PM

Dishes are done! I am feeling better every day. Cleaning up my kitchen made me a little tired, but I am so independent that I probably would not like the way they did it. lol. Former Tyrant, Princess in training,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register