3 Week post hysterectomy feeling good | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Week post hysterectomy feeling good 3 Week post hysterectomy feeling good

Unread 07-30-2014, 04:01 AM
3 Week post hysterectomy feeling good

I almost feel guilty for posting, but I'm feeling pretty good. Trying not to take Rx pain meds for when I do over-do it. Had to stop stool softeners, to much softness! Main problem is waking up at 3 or 4 am and not falling back asleep for hours.... I had a great gyn, great nurses at the hospital. I really haven't any complaints right now. Have a blessed day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2014, 04:21 AM
Re: 3 Week post op feeling good

Don't feel guilty! We celebrate your successful journey so far! It's so great to read. I am waking at 3 or 4 am as well unless I take Percocet before bed. Sometimes it's from stomach cramps and sometimes from overheating. I am jealous that you are off the stool softeners. LOL! I can't wait until my stomach feels as good as the rest of me!
Unread 07-30-2014, 05:50 AM
Re: 3 Week post op feeling good

I'm always happy to read positive outcomes because it shows not everyone has complications. I'm glad you're doing so well. My only wish is that I had more energy, but I have to keep reminding myself I'm only one week post-op! I'll get there eventually and be back to my active self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2014, 09:47 AM
3 Week post hysterectomy feeling good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrie7 View Post
I almost feel guilty for posting, but I'm feeling pretty good. Trying not to take Rx pain meds for when I do over-do it. Had to stop stool softeners, to much softness! Main problem is waking up at 3 or 4 am and not falling back asleep for hours.... I had a great gyn, great nurses at the hospital. I really haven't any complaints right now. Have a blessed day!
I feel the same way. I'm 9 days out and feeling great except for gas/stool issues but trying to get that under control. Before my surgery I read as much as I could on here and a lot of horror stories which really scared me about doing it. I had an awesome nursing staff that were so helpful! I even bought a belly binder and things I thought I might need but didn't end up using them. At the hospital my nurse said I could use a pillow or towel for support if I wanted and after trying it decided it hurt worse holding it there. Haven't used it since. I was only walking hunched over about 2 days then my back started hurting and by next day was upright and felt better. I stopped the narcotics at the hospital and only been on Advil or Tylenol at home. Today I haven't taken either yet. Nurse told me when I got staples out that I was doing much better than most. I'm getting stir crazy for not being able to do anything. I try to walk when I can to help with BMs! I would say the worst thing has been bein constipated. I don't want people to think I'm bragging cause I'm doing as well as I am, I just want to give others hope that they can have a good recovery and not to get scared by some of the others, like I was. Best wishes to all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register