Had pre-op visit today and was shocked | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had pre-op visit today and was shocked Had pre-op visit today and was shocked

Unread 04-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Had pre-op visit today and was shocked

Well had the preop visit today with the doc. Went very well. Labs and all look good. We discussed anything and everything you can think of. lol It was actually a very relaxing visit. They even moved the time of my surgery up from 8:00 am to 5:45 am! I will be the first one of the day! She asked me if that was ok and I said yeah, sure. Just wanna get this over with.

We went over the things I will have to do the night before my surgery and although I am not thrilled with them I guess I will survive. I have to do a fleets enema and a betadine douche before bedtime.

I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that after all the talk of having to start HRT right after surgery she has changed her mind and says now that I don't have to take any HRT if I don't want to. She said that I can give it a few days after the surgery and see how I do as far as hot flashes, mood swings, etc and if I can handle things then I won't have to take anything right now! I asked why the change and she said my age has alot to do with it and the fact I am on synthroid already, also because I have fibercystic breast disease there is no need to feed any of that more than we have to with hormones. I told her that was fine with me as long as it was ok to do.

So looks like this is really gonna happen! I am very anxious and although I had a nice relaxing talk with the doctor........who BTW was in a very good mood and was joking around and just made me feel so good about everything.....I am starting to feel the butterflies in my stomach again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2005, 05:34 PM

Good to hear you had such a good visit with the Dr. From what everyone says, the waiting is the hardest part. So hang in there and they will be wheeling you to recovery sooner than you realize.
Unread 04-07-2005, 08:35 PM

needsomerelief!

I'm glad your appointment went well! I will keep you in my prayers that your surgery goes well and you have a relaxing and uneventful recovery!

s

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Good for you!

I have a wonderful DR too, cute sense of humor, it helps! Good luck, my surgery is 4/11- see you on the flip side! Best wishes! Rose.
Unread 04-08-2005, 04:04 AM

needsomerelief...have you found out which type of hysterectomy you will be having ????

S Shanie
Unread 04-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Total

Total hysterectomy, utreus, ovaries and cervix- due to cervical cancer, family history of ovarian cancer, heavy bleeding, andpelvic pain and fibroids.You?
Unread 04-08-2005, 06:49 AM

Total hysterectomy.......everything coming out including the ovaries.

She hopes to do it laparascopically but told me there is a chance she won't be able to because of the fibroids. She won't know that though until she is in there. Personally I am hoping she can successfully do it laparascopically.
Unread 04-08-2005, 08:00 AM

Good luck to you, and my God speed your recovery! I am having a TAH-BSO also. My date is Monday!
Hugs to you!
Diana
Unread 04-08-2005, 09:32 AM

I go Wednesday (April l3). I will be praying for everyone going in, and it sure helps to know I am not alone! My doctor said pretty much the same thing. She will try and do a VH, and wants to take out my ovaries. I had a Tubal 20 years ago and she said that can cause some scarring in there. I have had bleeding and fibroids with lots of pain for the past year so I am ALMOST looking forward to this surgery!
Unread 04-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Good Luck!

Good luck Diana, thanks for the card!Best wishes to all! HUGS- Rose.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register