I Got A Date! Woo Hoo! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Got A Date!  Woo Hoo! I Got A Date! Woo Hoo!

Unread 01-17-2004, 10:44 AM
I Got A Date! Woo Hoo!

I finally got my date for surgery! February 3rd, 2004. (TVH (so they say) - w/2 hernia repairs and a bladder lift) I know that not many are as excited as I am, but I'm so excited I can't stand it! My DH let me purchase a wireless laptop computer to occupy me (woo hoo) and I'm re-organizing my home - I feel like a new life is yet to begin! Cheers to everyone else out there - Please don't be afraid - it can only get better!

Erin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2004, 04:10 PM
I Got A Date! Woo Hoo!

Hi Erin,

I know from reading some of your other posts that you have done alot of research and have seen several other doctors before making your decision. I'm glad that you have your date, and that you are feeling good about your decision.

Please go back into your control panel and add your surgery date to your profile so that you'll appear on the calendar and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters on your special day.

And on the laptop!!

s
Unread 01-18-2004, 12:05 AM
I Got A Date! Woo Hoo!

Thank you Karen!

I do feel like I've done my homework, but this website has been a God Send! I have a great team of docs, but with the help of other sisters here, have been able to be totally at ease with what needs to be done....I plan on telling my surgeons about Hyster Sisters and just how awesome it is and see if they can share the information with other ladies....

Woo hoo is right (on the laptop) If any other DH can do it out there I'd highly recommend a laptop be added to the list of necessities or just plain sweet gifts....It's something the whole family can use, but a punctured princess can really use it to keep up with the sisters!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Erin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2004, 04:55 AM
I Got A Date! Woo Hoo!

My DH is attempting to get me a laptop too. my surgery date is 2/17. I definately want to have it so I can keep up with the Sisters and post my experiences on the other side!!!!

Samm
Unread 01-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I Got A Date! Woo Hoo!

Congratulations on the laptop!

I don't know if you know that much about computers, but mine (complete) was about $1,600. Includes a wireless laptop, a router to hook up to our desktop so I can go anywhere in the house and use our online service, (you can also use it at places like Starbucks that support wireless laptops) a memory stick (64mb of storage) and a really nice case to put it in......I can burn CD's and DVD's as well as watch DVD's on it! The computer itself was about $900. Oh yes, for $250. (part of the $1,600.) I got an extended warranty for three years - that way I can get unlimited batteries etc. The sales person told me the batteries are 1 - 2 hundred dollars and that I will definately get my $250. worth with the first battery which may need to be replaced 6 to 12 months. I find it a little hard to manage on my lap in bed (with a pillow) (I've been practicing for my upcoming event) and ended up buying a lap tray through E-bay that I can also use for meals etc. the first week or so...I think that will work just fine!

Hope you get it early enough to get it up and running and get a little practice time in.....I've been practicing everything to see how it will work...I also put a table next to my bed to access my cell phone, Laptop, Clock/Radio, TV remote, my Hyster-Sister books etc. I've got 2 weeks to get it all set-up and am having a blast!

Good Luck!

Erin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register