need advice please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need advice please need advice please

Unread 11-18-2004, 10:02 AM
need advice please

I am an emotional wreck again....I can't stop the worry and crying and feel as if I am just going to have a panic attack any minute my chest and upper back have been hurting from the tension for 4 days...I am suppose to go get my preop labs done at the hosp today and feel as if I will just make an idiot out of myself when I get there crying and such.........I am really having a hard time pulling it together and feel as if I should go to the er and beg for sedation or something...I dont want to bug hubby hes in meetings today and helped me all last night....mom gets frustrated whenever I cry (we are not close) last surgery she told everyone what a baby I was for crying....my best friend and I have not spoken since a tiff at a party in August, she does'nt even know I have to get more surgery....If you guys were not here I think Id just be ...i dont know... I have to pull myself together to get these labs done and be normal for the kids when I pick them up from school.....ugh I am sorry you guys for crying and whining on here but thats for letting me vent a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2004, 10:13 AM
need advice please

I'm sorry to hear you have yourself all worked up, though your feelings are certainly understandable, having to face a second surgery. Your feelings are as much a part of you as your skin, teeth and hair, so don't apologize too much.

But that being said, maybe taking a break from this web site and doing something different as you get closer to your surgery might help....? I noticed in your profile that you like to paint. How about a trip to a museum? You also like to bike and walk - exercise definitely reduces stress.

I don't know - I'm just thinking that a diversion might be good for you. And, whenever my anxiety level rises I think of two things:

First, there's almost always someone worse off than me. That helps me to keep my issues in perspective.

Second, I use the 5 year test. In 5 years, is whatever I'm stressing out over really going to be anything more than a blip in my memory? That helps, too.

Hope something here helps. At any rate, you have some moral support here!
Unread 11-18-2004, 04:42 PM
need advice please

Oh, dear sister,

Please, take a few minutes and give your doc a call. Pre-surgery anxiety is so common, I'm sure they get calls all the time requesting some kind of medication to help you be more calm and relax.

Also, stress is one of the key things that can send your hormones into a tailspin. Most likely you're body's throwing a little hormonal punch in the mix just to make life more exciting. I know it's hard, but somehow you'll make it through.

Like one of the other sisters suggested, sign off this site for a few days and go do something fun. Drag your kids out to a movie, or call a babysitter and make a date with your dh. Treat yourself to a haircut or massage, or soak in the tub for an hour. Or, if you're like me, you may be able to reduce stress by sitting down and making a list of things you need to do, then getting them done. My personal stress reducer was my list o'things to clean, pack, ask, buy, and do. I'm a control-aholic, and this method helped me calm the brain by getting busy.

Sending you hugs, and serenity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2004, 05:04 PM
need advice please

thanks so much for your advice ((hugs)) I am taking ativan for the nerves but cannot take it until later in the day because I can't drive while on it and have to take the kiddos to school and pick them up
So it just seems like when I get home in the morning I am alone and just cry my eyes out....I am a worrier have always been..I saw a post earlier today with a lot of wonderful positive messages and I printed it out and it has helped me be more positive I usually am a peppy person, I just hate to depend on other people so much ya know??? Guess I like control also lol thanks again for your advice tomorrow I am going out to walk after I drop the kids off to just try to walk off some stress

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register