Any other ladies that had hyst around Oct 20 still spotting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other ladies that had hyst around Oct 20 still spotting? Any other ladies that had hyst around Oct 20 still spotting?

Unread 01-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Any other ladies that had hyst around Oct 20 still spotting?

Hey ladies,
I'm really getting fired up. I had felt like the past 2-3 years I was wearing pads pretty much non stop. Yuck. Then had the hyst and had to wear them for another 6 weeks. I ditched them at 6 weeks, but my spotting never went away.

Now it presents itself as a ( sorry if TMI ) "mini gush" of yellow fluid every time I need to poop. Also in the morning when I get up.

Now it's turning darker again, like there is more blood in it. It's orangey again like it was weeks ago.

I haven't had any sex in a week or so. That usually causes it, but I'm not sure why I'd have this so far out.

Does it EVER STOP?

My doc said at my six week appt she suspected granulation. She looked and said there was none.

Can there be granulation after you were cleared?

I'm so confused on what to do. I've never seen any stitches and at 12 weeks out, I'm disgusted.

Looking to see if there are any other ladies in my boat and whether this is not normal.

I really don't want to see the doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2009, 07:35 AM

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I'm still experiencing some blood loss - slight, but still there. Ive posted a few times about it and finally saw my doctor this morning.

My doctor hasnt indicated what it could be - she didnt see anything torn etc so took a swab and I will get results end of this week.

I had a TAH so nothing there left to bleed... I can't reassure you I'm afraid because I don't know whether this is normal or not.

Will come back and let you know
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:04 PM

ilovecandy

I'm sorry you're experiencing this ~ it must be so frustrating.

A "mini-gush" of yellow fluid doesn't sound normal at nearly 3 months post-op, I'm afraid, and the only way to find out what's going on is to see your doctor. Ladies do, occasionally, spot blood around this time due to, for example, increased activity when returning to their normal lives but yours appears different.

I hope it settles down very soon and will you let us know what you find out? Sending all good wishes and positive thoughts your way!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2009, 03:20 PM

Thank you ladies for your responses. I called the doctor's office. A nurse called me back and had talked to the doctor saying it was normal even at this point and everyone heals differently. She said there may be irritated areas in there, but they would check me if I felt I needed it. She said just to keep an eye on it for now. I'll wait another two weeks and see if it goes away. I HOPE that it finally does. I'm very tired of it.

For anyone else out there that is experiencing this: She said if there were any odor or itching to call.

Thanks and have a nice night!
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:18 PM

I had my LAVH 2 days after yours. GYN cauterized at 6 week exam and all discharge quit about a week later. Have not had anything since.
Unread 01-13-2009, 05:59 AM

I'm at the point where I wish they would cauterize if that would make this stop. I'm really getting tired of all this.

As scared as I would be about the pain of the silver nitrate, if it would stop it, I'm starting to think it would be worth it. My doc said I healed fine. ?
Unread 01-13-2009, 06:40 AM

did your dr do a vaginal swab and look under the microscope to make sure you didnt have any type of bacterial infection or yeast infection? theyre very common after surgery and the bacterial infections can have some strange symptoms. if i were you, thats where i would go next with it. and i'd ask my dr for a tube of metrogel to use for a week to see if that clears up the orangy discharge for good.
Unread 01-13-2009, 02:54 PM

Hi Dressedupinblue!

She didn't do any swabbing or anything like that at my 6 week post op exam. She just looked in w/ the speculum, and then inserted her fingers.

She thought I had granulation but didn't see any.

I'll hang on for a couple more weeks. I had no orange as of today. Back to yellow again. Feel like an evolving rainbow! LOL

Thanks for your response and have a great day!
Unread 01-13-2009, 05:59 PM

My discharge was yellow right before it finally stopped for good. Maybe if you hold off on sex until you have had a number of days with no discharge at all you will be able to get beyond this. I understand how tiresome it is to have the discharge for weeks on end.
Unread 01-21-2009, 11:16 PM

Hello, we had surgery on the same day and I'm still experiencing yellow discharge as well on a daily basis and I'm tired to death of wearing panty liners. I only see light blood after sex and I'm tired to that too, I guess it's all in the healing process which to me is very slow. So we're in the same boat, I pray that it will end soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register