Mood swings and depression | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mood swings and depression Mood swings and depression

Unread 01-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Mood swings and depression

My name is Shawnee and I will be 41 in a week. I had a total hystorectomy 14 years ago. I am not on any hormone pills but have been in the past. My problem is that the more time that goes by the more I suffer from mood swings and sever depression for absoulutly no apparrent reason. I have high anxiety and some days the combination of my mood swings,depression and anxiety are so bad all I want to do is stay in bed. I go to the DR. tomorrow because I am also having problems with one of my hips and I fear that it might be ostioarthritis or at least that is what I have been told by some it could be. I feel like I am totaly at the end of my rope and some days I feel like I am going crazy. What should I ask the doctor to find out if this can be helped by possably getting on hormones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Re: Mood swings and depression

I would do some research on bio identical hormones...not synthetic ones. I use a bit of natural Progesterone cream 2x a day and it has worked wonders. I am 44 and had been having these problems for about 2 years.

It's not worth going crazy when a simple cure could be possible. I was also having anxiety and mood swings, on the edge. Now I feel pretty good. I had to get my Uterus taken out 3 weeks ago because of a giant adenomyoma but I had already gone through the hormone things before that.

I know it sounds a bit silly, but I also increased my water intake to about 8 - 10big glasses a day. This seemed to balance me out a bit as well. All the best to you and don't let it go on too long. Could be easy as pie to get you balanced out again.
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:43 PM

thank you for your reply My hystarectomy was 14 years ago and I seem to get worse every year it is starting to scare me because I have lost my my will to do daily functions of life. I use to be a happy peson now I feel like I am always miserable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 09:49 PM

I agree with Sister34 totally. I had a TAH on Dec. 21st and have been dealing with the hormones my anxiety and now my crying episodes that seem very frequent. I'm going to talk to my doctor soon, I think my ovaries went into shock. Good Luck and I hope you find help because I know how frustrating it is.
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawneedemers View Post
thank you for your reply My hystarectomy was 14 years ago and I seem to get worse every year it is starting to scare me because I have lost my my will to do daily functions of life. I use to be a happy peson now I feel like I am always miserable
Totally understand what your talking about. I have no interest in anything and I could be doing some of my hobbies that I did years ago before I lost interest in everything while I'm healing.
Unread 01-05-2010, 01:03 AM

Shawnee, I'm new to this site and to the world of hysterectomies, but I am not new to the world of depression. Whether the cause of your depression, anxiety, etc. is hormonal related or not, I can not stress the importance of seeing a doctor. It takes some time and there is no overnight fix, but I promise you, within time, you WILL feel better.

I can very much relate to your post. I had a TAH/BSO (I think that's it) 3 weeks ago and I am having severe mood issues. My anxiety is off the charts and I am so incredibly sad. I can't sleep at night which just worsens the situation. I have an appointments to see both my gyno. and my psychiatrist. I am hoping that with the two physicians and myself included, we can come up with a plan of care. I've never felt like this before and I wish I would've been better prepared for what's happening to me right now.

Good luck to you and I hope you feel better very, very soon.
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:32 AM

I agree w/ all the posters. I have def had my bouts of depression, and unless you are talking to someone that has been there done that, people just don't understand true depression. I think alot of people think it's just in our heads, so not true, we WANT to feel better, right? I would ask you doc about getting a hormone, cbc, test and make sure he checks your thyroid, should be included in cbc. Hormones and even a simple thing like a vitamin defeciency can reek havoc on our systems and mood. I just wanted to wish you the best, keep pushing for your health until you feel better and find someone who wants to make you better. Best wishes. Please let us know what they say.
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:21 PM

went to somewhat of a doc today she was a practioner. She did put me on premerian but she treated me like I was a pos. Not too happy with her. I asked about the ostioarthritis and she is sending me to physical therapy she said yes you more than likely do have it but deal eith it there is nothing you can do aboout it. argh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register