Sharp Pain deep inside when turning in bed-common for tah?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sharp Pain deep inside when turning in bed-common for tah?? Sharp Pain deep inside when turning in bed-common for tah??

Unread 10-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Re: Sharp Pain deep inside when turning in bed-common for tah??

Its 11 weeks for me since my TAH and only now I can sleep on each side but even now, I can only do it for a short period of time or I get some aches. They moved your organs around during surgery and they are settling in their places so it does take a long time to fully heal and be able to roll over, turn and jump out of bed. I still get sore and swelly belly at the end of a busy day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2011, 10:58 AM

Mine is on the left side. I asked my doctor about it and she said that it was a large port for they used for the exploratory exam. Originally I was to have a LVAH, so I also have a small incision on my upper torso.

The pain I had just turning over in bed was bad enough to wake me up every night and because I was awake, I always went to bathroom. It was usually a 15-20 minute journey each time.

At almost 6 weeks, I hardly notice any pain there now, so it does get better.

Take care, don't overdo it and rest, rest, rest.
Unread 10-23-2011, 11:32 AM

doc told me that sharp, burning like pain was part of the internal healing. Here is more info from this site:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_97118.htm
Unread 10-23-2011, 02:19 PM

I also had some pain when rolling over at first. It was pretty bad in the beginning, now not as bad. I'm a side sleeper and have found that a pillow to cushion under my tummy a bit helps along with another one at my back. Hope your feeling better!
Unread 10-23-2011, 05:47 PM

I had the sharp pains turning in bed and and found the belly binder was very helpful; made me feel more secure. Also used an extra pillow tucked in. Still use the binder some nights when the twinges are back. Good luck to you!
Unread 10-23-2011, 08:27 PM

I had a TAH on the 20th Sept...and I will randomly have a burning sensation on the right side of my incision. My 3rd week was absoulety
the worst for that.
Towards the end of last week I feel like it has calmed down, and I only have that feeling if I need to sit down a little.

I have been working since the week after surgery from home, but I will start back in the office full time tomorrow. I am nervous as to how that is going to go. I am in sales, an that requires me to deliver my orders. They can weight anywhere from 1lb to 80lbs. My Dr said to not life for 12 weeks. oh boy.

Feel better everyone:-)
Unread 10-24-2011, 03:08 AM

Yes I have those pains also. I found using a wedge pillow to support my stomach if lying on my side helped but also even if on my back I keep it beside me so I don't roll over in my sleep.

I was losing weight until week 3 and now it seems I am putting it all back on. Has anyone experience this?
Unread 10-24-2011, 03:21 AM

Yes I have! At first grew 2 dress sizes but weighed slightly less than pre TAH but after a couple of weeks started piling on the pounds, despite eating like a sparrow & walking loads. Weird! The extra half stone just won't shift & still have swelly belly after nearly 8 months, though goes up & down according to time of day now! Guess it's all just part of the BIG HEAL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register