The Time Has Come. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Time Has Come. The Time Has Come.

Unread 05-20-2002, 12:12 AM
The Time Has Come.

Hi everyone, this is my first time writing on your site, so please forgive me in advance for any mistakes. I have read just about every piece of advice you have given to us ladies in waiting, however, I am still nervous to the point of nausea. It's not so much of the pain that I'm nervous about but more so of going under the general anesthesia. My Doctor gave me a choice, either the epidural numbing from my waist down, and only be very sleepy during the procedure, or the full monty, general. Has anyone out there experienced the epidural and if so, can you actually feel them pulling and tugging! My big day is on 21 May 02, and I have to make a decision as soon as possible. Thanks to all of you.

God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2002, 12:49 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Pennyvance! Welcome to HysterSisters, too! Glad you found us and figured how to register and post (I had to have a lot of help from my dh the first time since I'm not very computer savvy!)
Sorry to hear you will have to have a hyst, but you've come to the right place for support and info.

Many of the hystersisters here have had an epidural or spinal for their hyst, and most of them have been very pleased with that kind of anesthesia. The anesthesiologist ("A" man) usually will give you meds in your IV in addition to the numbness from the epidural, so that you are very drowsy or even so asleep that you have no memory of being in the OR. When you talk to your "A" man, ask if he can give you enough IV meds so that you won't feel the tugging. (I had an epidural for 2 c-sections, and I hardly felt any tugging even though I was wide awake.)

I'm sure there will be other hystersisters along soon to tell you their experiences with epidurals, and you also can go up to "search" at the top of the page and type in "epidural" to read past threads about this subject. Read all you can here and feel free to post any questions on the boards. We'll be here to see you through this journey! s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 05-20-2002, 04:28 AM
epidural

Dear Sister,

I had an epidural for my c-section and felt nothing. I think that if you are afraid of general this is the way to go. Let us know what you decide.

Charlotte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2002, 04:31 AM
The Time Has Come.

Hi and welcome to Hyster Sisters!

Have you read the pull-down menus on the main page yet? www.hystersisters.com There is a lot of information on this site and those menus helped me answer questions and gather questions for me to ask my doctor.

Did you know we have a chat room? Please follow this link to learn more about chatting! https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/ann...?s=&forumid=23

I had a general, so I cannot help you with that, but I wanted to welcome you here!!

Sara
Unread 05-20-2002, 04:39 AM
epidural vs going under

Hi
I just read your e-mail - pretty big choice. I do not have one. I go under for a TAH with endometreosis removal. Wonderful that you have a choice. I really have no advice on this matter as I did not even have an epidural with my 2 child births.
However, I do go in on May 21 for my surgery so I felt that I wanted to respond to you and just say weigh all pros / cons and go forth!!! Don't sway too much. We have enough to stay calm about now and I think a quick, clean, educated decision by noon is the wisest thing you could do. Think, educate , pray , make the choiece and don't look back!!! I will be thinking and praying for all my other hyster sisters on this site as I lay in waiting tomorrow morning quoting Psalms 91 - I will rest under shadow of the wings of God Almighty!!! You can do!
Remember- choice- let go !!
Rocket

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register