What type of incision are you having? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What type of incision are you having? What type of incision are you having?

Unread 10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
What type of incision are you having?

I'm having a vertical incision that may come up pass my navel a couple of inches or so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2012, 08:29 AM
Re: What type of incision are you having?

I wont know until next week. Why are they doing it that way? xox
Unread 10-31-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonsbluff View Post
I wont know until next week. Why are they doing it that way? xox
I have fibroids, uterus the size of 30 wk preg, I have 1 fibroid that is right under my breast bone , so that's why they have to do surgery this way..I know..I know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM

I too have fibroids, but dont really know much more than that except they said they were large. Have to say, Im not the best at asking questions, and then I come on here, and everyone seems to know, the size of fibroids, uterus size etc etc. Wish I had asked more things. Guess I will know more afterwards!
These fibroids seem to get EVERYWHERE.. under your breast bone, are you kidding me... and thats a retorical question x Not long now for you, and you will be recovering and on the way to being free Sending lots of love xoxo
Unread 10-31-2012, 08:39 AM

Yes, they are all over the place..... thanks for the well wishes..I'm wondering how its gonna feel w/out all this stuff...fibroids,uterus..... wow

It just seem like you should feel empty/light...but some say they don't feel no difference...ummmm
Unread 10-31-2012, 08:42 AM

Im hoping to feel at least 30lb lighter lolol but as for filling up the void, there are so many opinions on that... cant wait to here what you think. Take care xoxox
Unread 10-31-2012, 07:02 PM

Oh boy! That is some vertical incision, you poor soul!

I had a vertical incision from my belly button down to my pubic area because as well as losing my cervix, uterus, ovaries and tubes, I had to have a pelvic wash.

Just a hint, then - be sure you have REALLY loose fitting clothes to wear at home for a while, including panties that are a couple of sizes bigger than normal. Anything tight pressing on the incision or around the waist is not comfortable!

You may be quite swollen for a while afterwards (in my case a few months), but don't worry! It will go away once the inflammation settles, but that really can take AGES.

Good luck, and we'll see you "on the other side" (post-op) perhaps!
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:01 PM

I'm having the Da Vinci surgery, so it's just a few tiny incisions, but...

When my daughter was 13, she had to have her left ovary removed. She went in, they thought it was her appendix ready to burst, rushed her into surgery, and it turns out, her ovary had a cyst, it twisted on the "stalk" and filled to the size of a football. Her scar is from her pubic bone to just under her breastbone.

Her healing wasn't too terribly bad. One tip that I haven't seen on here. If you have a bed that is high off the ground....lower it!! Her bed was higher than her hips (when standing against it) and it hurt her to get into bed. We took the mattress and box spring off the frame while she was healing and it was much, much better for her.

She was swollen in her belly for 8-10 weeks, not terrible, but she couldn't wear jeans. She hung out in yoga pants most of the time.

Just think of it as an excuse to eat a few extra holiday cookies
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:33 PM

beccafries,
I too am having a TAH on Nov. 2 due to a large fibroid. Just found out at my pre-op today that I will have a vertical incision. I was hoping they could go through my c-section scar but I just want them to be able to get to everything ok. Hugs to you....hope to find in the post op that you are doing well!
Unread 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Hi ladies,

well the DAY is tomorrow....just been relaxing today.

Yes, the swelly belly is bothering me...i want instant flatness....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register