Anyone NOT have a hysterectomy? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone NOT have a hysterectomy? Anyone NOT have a hysterectomy?

Unread 02-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Anyone NOT have a hysterectomy?

Hi Cocobird, I'm glad everything worked out for you. I hope you keep feeling better. Your surgery ws the day before mine. I thought the whole thing was a very strange experience. I am very grateful everything worked out well for me too.
And Eggplant, I wish you the best of luck. If you don't like what you hear don't hesitate to get another opinion. I'm sure glad that I did. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2005, 10:48 PM

Dear Cocobird,

Wow, thank you for sharing your experiences--less than a week ago, yikes. I have my pre-op app't this Wednesday, so will have a chance to discuss everything with my doctor again. . .

I'm anxious to get this week over with (trying to get prepared and finish stuff at work) and get the surgery over with and then, hopefully, have a speedy recovery.

I appreciate the responses from everybody and will post my experience when I can.

Eggplant
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:44 PM

Hi Eggplant,

You've asked some great questions. I'm confused though. Many women walk around with fibroids that cause no pain nor any problems.....

If you can handle the added bladder pressure another week or so, why not get another opinion or two?
Unread 02-21-2005, 06:25 PM

That's a good question (why not take the time to get another opinion). One reason I'm forging ahead is that my husband and I had already bought tickets to Italy before this discovery (!!), leaving May 9, so there's a tight timeframe. Second factor is that this thing grew quickly, doubling in size in about a year to a 19-1/2 week pregnancy. (I had thought it was my bladder that I was feeling a year ago!!)

The frequency of peeing was getting worse at night and interrupting my sleep, which I do not need. Nor do I want to be walking around Italy visiting all the bathrooms.

I did call for an appointment with two other doctors but couldn't get in quickly enough. Basically, I'm in agreement that I want it out--I just hope it's a "simple" myomectomy. My surgeon, by reputation and in our first meeting, is conservative about removing only what's necessary, so I'm hoping for the best.

Does that make sense?

Eggplant
Unread 02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
To my WSDS hystersister

Thank goodness you recommended this site! So much information and affection here. Thank goodness for all of these questioning, sharing women! Because you are in such excellent physical shape and also so informed on every phase of this surgery, not to mention the fantastic trip that you and hubby are planning, you are going to breeze through this surgery. There is a reason you are going first; I need someone to hold my hand in the next weeks or months. I'm curious if anyone else is having bowel-type symptoms. Also, spinal or general?
God Bless! -Deke (NG)
Unread 02-24-2005, 07:31 PM

When I had my myomectomy I had a general anesthesia. Totally out. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register