Scheduled TAH 2 days to go before hysterectomy (8/21)....getting very scared...in loads of pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days to go before hysterectomy (8/21)....getting very scared...in loads of pain 2 days to go before hysterectomy (8/21)....getting very scared...in loads of pain

Unread 08-18-2014, 08:27 PM
2 days to go before hysterectomy (8/21)....getting very scared...in loads of pain

Hey gals. 2 days to go and getting VERY scared! still not sure what to think. This is the very first major surgery that I can remember, last ones were when I was under 2 years old for my heart issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2014, 04:24 AM
Re: 2 days to go....getting very scared...in loads of pain

Mine is a week from today and I'm getting scared, too. Two weeks ago I was almost going to cancel it, but then the pain started again.

So here's to the pain going away! I know there will be a painful period after the surgery, but I hope that a few months from now, we'll be grateful to have had this done!
Unread 08-19-2014, 05:25 AM
Re: 2 days to go....getting very scared...in loads of pain

Good luck to both of you! Before you know it, you will be feeling great again. When I was in the preop, the nurse asked me what I hoped for/thought I could tolerate for pain post op on a scale of 1-10. I jokingly said I expected 0 and then more realistically ( I thought), said 5. We laughed about the 0, but honestly I can say when I woke up, I felt no pain at all. Of course I was slightly tender when I moved certain ways, and it hurt when I coughed, but I couldn't believe how painless my recovery was. I was able to do all unrestricted activities from the very beginning. I am wishing both of you the easy recovery that I have had!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Re: 2 days to go before hysterectomy (8/21)....getting very scared...in loads of pain

rattlesnake -

I know this is VERY SCARY. Your feelings and fears are quite normal. The doctors and nurses will take very good care of you, and they will watch over you during surgery.

I am sure you do not remember much from when you were 2 years old, but surgery has come a long way even from that time.

Unread 08-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Re: 2 days to go before hysterectomy (8/21)....getting very scared...in loads of pain

I have to agree with marestail. Surgery has come a long ways even since when I was 14 back in 85 when I had a minor one done. This time was MAJOR surgery . I was so impressed with the care I got and how smooth everything went. Even no nausia like I had yrs ago. They really took care of me and they were all so very attentive. My surgeon was extra careful with me too. Took 2 hrs but seemed like only seconds then I was awake. You will be just fine. Before you know it you will be months out and feeling so much better like myself. Best wishes to you and lots of hugs. Praying all goes good for you. From a Tx hyst sis
Unread 08-20-2014, 06:51 AM

Mine is the same day, it's normal to be nervous, I am and this is my 5th surgery under general and my 10th overall.

Tell the doctors and the nurses when you get there how nervous you are, they'll be great and take very good care of you. Bonus is the pain won't be so bad because you'll be on pain meds! Good luck, you'll be just fine :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register