Scheduled LAVH Calm, cool, collected...for the most part, lol! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calm, cool, collected...for the most part, lol! Calm, cool, collected...for the most part, lol!

Unread 08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Calm, cool, collected...for the most part, lol!

So, I am feeling pretty good about Friday's surgery. Pre-op is over, and even though I don't like the idea of the bowel prep at all, I have a lot of support that came pouring in from every direction. My DH has been absolutely amazing. One of the kids had a huge attitude problem today with me, and he tried to put it in perspective for her that her attitude is not the most important thing in the world, and that I am! I'm not competing with my children by any means, but it still felt good to hear my husband say that. He even bought me a Wii for the bedroom, so if I am awake for any period of time in the first few days and don't want to move for a while, I can lay in bed and play!

I provide day care out of my home, and my day care mom has been so amazing. She is the one that will watch the baby while I am in surgery and until the older two get out of school. She even offered that if the bowel prep upsets my belly too much on Thursday, that she can pick up her daughter from school if I don't think I can make it out of the house! I know this is rambling but it's kind of nice to do sometimes. I took a nice hot bath and relaxed knowing that I won't be able to soak for a few weeks. I am ready. Ready for all of the madness to be over, wondering what my paps will come up with next. Wondering what the next biopsy will bring. I just want it over, so I can feel better. Thank you to all of you sisters on this site. I am so glad I found it, and I really don't know what I would do without it. I guess I will go for now, hope everyone else is having a good night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Re: Calm, cool, collected...for the most part, lol!

So glad you had a good pre-op visit today. I did too and feel so much better about things.

Other than an inexperienced lady taking my blood and blowing a vien it was so much better than I thought. The dr was great and answered all my questions very throughly. Even when I asked "So when can we have sex" meaning my hubby and I. I froze and stammered I am sorry-not what I meant. He smiled and said-It's ok-calm down I knew what you meant and you can't until you come back for followup. All registered for hopspital and have instructions. Never had an enema or douche before-so that will be a first. So if nothing else-to late to back out now. I had a melt down on way home and cried the whole hour home. Guess I am glad I was alone. Don't know why, Relief some what more stress some what pain in arm and daily pain that is always there horriable period that won't go away I just cried. And ya know what-it felt good! Now I feel better and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hugs to you and will be thinking of you. We will be princess on the same day!

Whitney
Unread 08-24-2010, 09:32 PM

Hi, Whitney. I'm glad your pre-op appointment went well. And it's okay to cry. Even though I had my bath and everything and I feel alright about the surgery, I got teary eyed in the bathroom. I know a lot of women on here haven't been able to have kids, so I feel bad even saying it. I looked down at my tummy and just held it. I feel so awful that I won't ever feel a kick down there again, and that the joy of those first few moments with baby on my chest and the cries of joy won't happen ever again. And now the waterworks start again. Sorry. I have been blessed beyond belief, but my husband and I are so upset that the possibility has been taken away from us for even the chance of another one. Is this normal? Probably is, I'm sure. Just feel like something is being taken from me that I never wanted taken away. Anyway, enough of me crying tonight! I will be sure to look for you in the post-op threads in a few days. Take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM

I am sorry you are having a hard time with that. I am sure it is normal. I did not feel it. 1st pregancy almost killed my son and 2nd almost killed my daughter and me. Then 6 years later I have a tubial pregnacy and that sent me around the bend for a long time. So that part for me was not an issue. I don't think I could handle another close call or lost child. But I can totally understand where you are coming from. I have thought that if this was an issue for my husband and I how hard it would be to decide to take this step.

You will be in my prayers. You take care of yourself.

Whitiney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register