Fibroid size | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Fibroid size

Can you guys give me an idea of the size of your fibroids?? I've been told I fave one intrauterine mass about the size of a golf ball. Then I have TWO more tennis ball sized fibroids. h, and one smaller one.

What is the "normal" size of a uterus?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Fibroid size

My gyn told me that a "normal" uterus is between 7 & 9 cm and my fibroid is over 7 cm, so it's bigger than my uterus should be. He also said my uterus was enlarged, but never said anything about the actual measurement.
Unread 02-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Re: Fibroid size

I have at least 2 fibroids, but the size of one, which is 9 cm (about 4 in wide) hides the other ones. That.s about the size of a big orange.

If I'm lucky, they shoudl be removed by June and hopefully, I will not need Hyster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Fibroid size

Hmmm.......My fibroid is the same "orange" size Yet this "orange" sized fibroid, feels more like a medicine ball. YUK and double YUK.
Unread 02-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Fibroid size

This may sound really dumb but I have no idea how big my fibroids are. The doc told me that I have them and that my uterus is at 14 1/2 weeks. All I knew was that I have been having trouble with it for years and when they said it would be all over with hyst, I jumped on it. Should I have asked how big they were?
Unread 02-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Fibroid size

Well, I moved up my surgery date to April 21! I wasn't even supposed to start my period today. I drove two hours to get to a customer, only to discover that I'd actually bled through my pants without even knowing that I'd started my period!!! Usually when I start, I'll spot alittle for the first hour or so as a "warning". This time is like no other. So, it dawned on me that thigs are not going to get better until I do sometihng.....
Unread 02-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Fibroid size

I was just curious to see what my situation is like compared to others. I feel like I am whining about this all the time. But I swear, I am actually light headed and dizzy as we speak! How can a person have any kind of life when you feel like crap all the time???
Unread 02-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Fibroid size

My fibroid is about 9 cm. I also have a 3 cm. ovarian cyst, so I don't know what is actually hurting.

My hurting is interfering with my life. I love my Lortab, but it only dents the pain.

Whine on, sister.
Unread 02-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Fibroid size

Hi Chopem, You may be dizzy due to anemia. Has your blood count been checked? The normal size of a uterus, from my research, is 8cmx4cmx4cm and weighs about 80 grams. Before my hyst, they were able to identify 2 fibroids outside my uterus, one 8x8x6and the other smaller golf ball size. When I got my path report I had other multiple fibroids in the uterus and it measured about 11x6x4, weighed 374 grams and the monster fibroid was about 9x8x6. The docs usually describe an enlarged fibroid uterus by the pregnancy size it approximates. No one ever did that with me- I think because the ones that showed up and were the most troublesome were outside. I only ever heard that my uterus seemed a little big for someone who hadn't had children. I'm sorry you're having this trouble but glad that you can move your surgery up.
Unread 02-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Fibroid size

Hi Chatou,

I am also from Montreal and I was wondering how they were going to remove the fibroid and at which hospital. I have been on this site since January and have yet to encounter anyone from around here. I will be having a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy on April 27th at the Jewish General Hospital. Would be interested in hearing from you.

Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register