Nausea, vomitting and stomach pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nausea, vomitting and stomach pain Nausea, vomitting and stomach pain

Unread 11-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Nausea, vomitting and stomach pain

I can't seem to find anybody that has posted these symptoms. Every month for my last few cycles, I will get terrible stomach pain like a burning or a knife in my abdomin. Lately I feel nausea and will vomit. My OB said he doesn't think it is related to my adenomyosis but my family DR says it could be since all our nerves work together. Has anyone had any experience like this? And if so does it go away after surgery?

Thanks for any input!!

Ginger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2004, 11:46 PM

Hi Ginger, I love your name. I named my daughter Ginger.

I have adenomyosis (seen on an Ultra Sound). My TAH will be on dec 1. I have the "hot coal analogy", that burning feeling like a plum sized hot coal is buring and sticking to the abdomin. I get a wave of sick feeling sometimes but..no vomiting.
A good site with info about this is: http://www.endometriosistreatment.org
I fully intend on getting rid of my "hot coal" with a hysterectomy.

Maralyn
Unread 11-20-2004, 10:40 AM

Thanks, so I am not totally crazy. I have only talked with one other lady who had nausea and vomitting before and now she feels great. I can only hope this helps. I had my gallbladder out last year and would love to feel "normal" again, whatever that is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2004, 03:54 PM

I don't know if this qualifies under the same thing your experiencing, But I went through about 1 1/2 years worth of nausea and vomiting right before my monthly cycle would begin. What I experienced reminded me of my first trimester of preganancy but then it just stopped. Now for the pasrt year that has not been the case. I have awful embrassing cycles. I cannot wear tampons most of the time and I will soak through pads in a matter of 30 minutes and I would go to the doctors and they told me I should take birth control to regulate my cycles. No evidence has ever been found to suggest that I had endo problems or no fibroids ever seen so I don't know why that was that way. Now I have a prolapse and so I don't think that realtes to the ealier experiences. Hmm I would like to know more about the things that you are experiencing. Thanks Gypsy
Unread 11-20-2004, 04:46 PM

Gypsy,
I have found out that sometimes when we are in pain (a lot of the time), that our body will release hormones that may make us sick. Have you considered adenomyosis? I don't have fibroids or any other problem except pain a lot of the time and terribly heavy and painful cycles that seem to change for the worse as the years go on. Hopefully surgery will cure this. I am not truly looking forward to it but everyone says give it time!!

Ginger
Unread 11-20-2004, 05:33 PM

I don't have the vomiting but I absolutely have the pain. It's worse on my left side and it feels like someone is stabbing a knife into my stomach. I had another period about two weeks ago (never know when they're coming) and the day before the pain made me double over at work! I was in tears it hurt so bad. I have nausea almost daily! I'm now at the point that if I eat anything it's worse. I'm scheduled for an LAVH on 12/29 and I'm still waiting for my ultrasound results. The tech couldn't find any fibroids and my doc felt something. She said that it may not be fibroids but it's certainly something irregular. Could be endo but won't know until she gets in there. Hang in there and know you aren't alone!
Unread 11-21-2004, 09:38 PM

Hello Gin,
Every Month for the past 6 Mo. When aunt flo is visiting I get cramps,back pain,headache. When the cramps get real bad I get nauseous and sweatty and sometimes vommit. Mine is caused by the pain.
Unread 11-22-2004, 08:49 AM

Thanks everyone for the response. Especially knowing it is possible to feel normal after surgery. I am nauseous as I typing this trying not to "lose it". It really makes it hard to concentrate. At least I can say I am not alone!!!!

Thanks again! Ginger

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register