So fed up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-10-2004, 04:50 PM
So fed up

I am so annoyed with my doctor. This is a very random post but I have to get it off my chest as I am really seething inside.

I have fibroids and they are bleeding all the time so i have to take medication all of the time to control the bleeding. I have one tablet that I take one three times a day which kids my body into thinking I am pregnant apparently, some kind of hormone. I have also been taking another tablet that when I get blood clots Tranisamik Acid, they breaks down the clots, these ones I take two three times a day. I have been told to take both tablets all of the time but if I can cut the blood clot ones down to one three times a day would be a better dose, I tried this a couple of different times but each time I started to bleed and get clots so I uped the dose to two three times a day again as the doctor advised.
The last couple of weeks I have been feeling really weird, I get light headed start to shake a lot and feel sick, it goes away after a while except I feel light headed to a degree all of the time, and very, very tired all of the time. I went back to the doctor as I was running out of tablets and told him, it was a different doctor this time, that I did not think the blood clot tablets were agreeing with me. He said I should not be taking them all of the time, only take them when I actually need them, i.e. I have blood clots. It would appear that by taking these tablets all of the time they have been thinning my blood and that is why I have been feeling so weird and so tired.
I have never, ever been told not to take these tablets all of the time and I have seen the doctor several times since February. The doctor this time told me to up my, hormone type, tablets to as many as 5 a day and stop taking the blood clot ones unless I need them. The doctors before have never ever told me that I can take more of these tablets and so I thought I could only take one three times a day.

I am so angry as I have been feeling so unwell taking these tablets when I should have been told not to take them all of the time. For heavens sake, they must know how to treat patients with my sort of complaint. I have been suffering enough since February waiting for a date to go in for my hyst without this as well.

It helps to type it out and get it off my chest a bit, thank you for bearing with me. Sorry if I sound like I am winging about nothing but I am not the least bit amused with my doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2004, 05:00 PM
So fed up

How awful! I've never taken that medication, but have been light-headed before and it's a scary feeling. Just curious - why hasn't your doctor scheduled surgery yet? Hope you feel better real soon!
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:46 PM
So fed up

Did the doctor check your hematocrit? With your excessive bleeding, your hematocrit (percentage of red blood cells) could be dropping and causing the dizzy-lightheadedness.

Christina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2004, 07:56 PM
So fed up

I agree with Christina, your symtoms sound like they are anemia related. I was dizzy all the time, very very tired, a grayish white color and could feel my pulse racing in my neck.

It seems strange that they would give someone who is bleeding excessively a blood thinner in the first place. Blood thinners are very serious medications, you should be monitored with frequent blood tests and you need to be careful not to cut yourself or even bruise yourself because you could bleed internally.

Best of luck, I hope you get some relief and answers soon!!
Unread 07-11-2004, 04:22 AM
So fed up

Quote:
Originally posted by annietrec
How awful! I've never taken that medication, but have been light-headed before and it's a scary feeling. Just curious - why hasn't your doctor scheduled surgery yet? Hope you feel better real soon!
I saw my Gyni on the 24th April and he said that I would have a 2 month wait, (that's a joke.) After seeing my Gyni I received a letter from the hospital saying that it would be a 6 month wait. About a month ago I rang the hospital to see if there was any chance they could tell me were I am on the list and they said I should expect to be in by September which would mean I will have waited 5 months from the date of seeing my Gyni. As I was so kindly told by my doctor while I was waiting to see the Gyni, I rang him up, and he said it is not as if my case is life threatening.
I am on the cancelation list but nothing has come of that yet. I have had regular blood test because I do suffer with anemia and the last one about two months ago was OK. These tablet do help to control the bleeding except when i try to cut them down, now I have cut them out all together, hopefully my other tablets I am taking a higher dose off will compensate and I shall be OK.
Will just be glad when it is all over and I can get this whole nightmare behind me and get on with my life.
Unread 07-11-2004, 06:17 AM
So fed up

Hi Janet,

I can't take trans-acid at all (migraines, sickness & lightheaded)
I was told to only take them when on my period. (but if you are bleeding constantly thats a diff matter) I don't think I have seen my primary Consultant more than 3 times in 15 appointments & they all seem to give different opinions. This may be to the fact that they all have a different pet theory on how to treat certain conditions.
I do wish we had the continuity of seeing the same Dr as some of these Ladies have

Roll on the NHS, I know what you mean, I rang to find out where I was on the list & they couldn't even tell me, just sent me a form asking if I still wanted my op, but it got me on the cancelation list.
Another of our UK ladies got a cancellation after being told she had a 9 month wait in April. Her op is now in late July so here's hopeing for us

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register