I am sick of pain!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am sick of pain!!!!!!!!! I am sick of pain!!!!!!!!!

Unread 05-19-2006, 02:58 AM
I am sick of pain!!!!!!!!!

Hi Girls. Well I had my 4wk apt yesterday.Heres my latest problems.I have a yeast infection a horrible bacterial infection in my vagina,i starting to form adhesions and my bladder is a total mess and they don't know why .a free catch of urine showed +++ puss and blood but the culter was ok so the blood and puss was maybe not from the bladder?I have to call the urologist today to find out whats next.I know my GYN wants a scope done if all the new meds I have now been put on don't help.I am in so much pain whatever is going on seems to be getting worse and worse no matter what they put me on.I feel worse now than I did before or right after my surgery.I have been cring all the time I don't know how much more I can take! I new recovery was not going to be a peice of cake but I never expected to feel worse.I now have resorted to taking vicodin again so I suppose my bowel issues will start up again to add to the fun.I was supposed to start back at work on the 22nd and the doc gave the ok if I felt up to it .I want to go back soo bad .I am broke and i miss my job.But how can I go back when I feel like I am tring to pass a bowling ball through my vagina and or urethra.I may try and go half days to at least get some money in my pocket.but the way I feel now its not gonna happen. I don't know how much more I can take!I am soooooooooooo tired of being in pain.I can not remember what its like not to have pain.I realy can't remember when the last time it has been that I felt good .I am only 35 yrs old this is know way to live.I want my life back.Thanks for listening Jess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2006, 03:35 AM

Hopefully, this round of meds will address what's going on in your body. Sorry to hear you're having such a rough go of it.

Maxine
Unread 05-19-2006, 04:20 AM

Ohhh Jess, I am sorry this is happening to you. I hope they find what is causing all of this and the medication works. Have they done a CAT Scann to take a look around? I do hope you start to feel better. My prayers are with you....((HUGS))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2006, 06:09 AM

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough go of it. I had a bladder/kidney infection that took a couple of weeks of antibiotics to clear up, and I swear it hurt worse than the surgery. The doctor gave me some pyridium which helped immensely. You could see if the doctor would let you try some to see if it helps. It helps with bladder spasms and soothes the irritated tissues. Start a stool softener right away with the vicodin and hopefully you can avoid the bowel issues.

Don't push yourself right now to go back to work--adding that exhaustion is not going to help your body heal. Call on all the bills you owe and explain the situation and defer or make a minimum payment till you can get back on your feet and back to work. The Dr.s office should be able to set you up with a case manager that can assist you with this. Good luck on getting to the root of your problems and getting back on your feet soon.
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:08 AM

thanks. i was on the pyridium for about 2 weeks but it did nothing. my doc put me on another med called urispaz but the pharmacy had to order it so i have to wait until this afternoon to get it.I know I shouldn't push myself to go back to work and I won't I am just really depressed that I can't go back.And I am allready in debt up to my eyeballs and all these complications also mean more medical bills to add to the growing list.My son is also getting surgery on the 31st and I want to be there for him 100% and thats hard to do when you feel lousy.He is 13yrs old and has never been through anything like this And I know he is going to be scared and seeing all the pain I have been in has to make it scarier for him.I keep telling him his won't be like mine(he is getting surgery on his wrist)I hope he believes me.thanks again Jess
Unread 05-19-2006, 08:31 AM

Jess,

I can totally relate to being sick and tired of being sick and tired. Some of us just end up with a tougher road to hoe. Please hang in and know that its gotta get better. That is what I am counting on anyway. Ive been off work since 4/12 and still dont know when I will be able to return.

Regarding your son, if you dont mind saying...what type of surgery is he having. If it is not a major surgery you could talk with him about the differences between your surgeries and possibly squelch some of his fears that way.

Hang In There,

Sharon aka Spritey
Unread 05-19-2006, 09:36 AM

Dear Jess
I am sorry for all your pain. There are other medications for pain besides vicodan (sp?). I can't take that drug; it makes me throw up. I was given something else. You might want to ask your doctor.
I really wish you well! Patience is so hard to come by!
Unread 05-19-2006, 10:25 AM

Jess,
I can relate to living with chronic pain. It is so miserable, and any little thing can just make it all worse. Add to that the emotional roller coaster of our surgery, and you have a recipe for extreme misery!

I will keep you in my prayers.

Paula
Unread 05-19-2006, 11:54 AM

Spitey, My son has Spastic Hemoplegia a form of C.P and his right motor skills are slow.He is unable to turn his wrist the correct way so the are going to move the tendons around so he is able to move it better.I have explained to him the difference and he understands I think.It is just a scary deal having your child have surgery and I want to be ther for him and my body is falling apart.I have to go 2 hours away to Chicago shriners childrens hospital and stay there with him 2 days so I need to be feeling better, so I can concentrate on him.Its all so depressing! Jess
Unread 05-19-2006, 02:58 PM

jess I am truly sorry you are in over your head..Sit yourself down ,you must have order,drink some water. Breath and relax you are going to get through this. Now one thing at a time . You have just had major surgery. This takes alot out of you. Take urastat for your bladder pain. It is over the counter,not expensive. Stool softners are a great idea. Take it easy, this my be the time f month you would be having a period. Your body is freaked out no uterus...You just did too much to soon...Take it slower,you will be ok.. Bill's can be called to let them know you are recovering from surgery,,Hardship payments might be helpful. Thank you for sharing we all have alot on our plate,meltdown and rest..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register