Now I'm scared!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now I'm scared!! Now I'm scared!!

Unread 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Hi,
Well I have only 6 days before I visit the castle. I thought I was doing good but this morning it hit me, today was my last day at work and I just realized I won't be back for another 6-8 wks. OMG!!Now I'm scared I've never had surgery of any type and I am so scared of going under. Also I don't show my family that I'm terrified I have been keeping it in me but this morning I broke out and cryed, however not in front of them. I really thought I had it together but I've lost all control. I have my pre-op on Monday and can't even think of all the questions I had in mind. G
My countdown to a better life 6,5,4,3,2,1 it will soon be over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Big big S

You do sound normal to me. Many of us ride that emotional roller coaster while waiting for a hyst. It can really be scary, IMO.
But, sweetie, it's ok to let your family know that you're stressed and nervous. You don't have to be superwoman. I was surprised at how much support my DH gave to me. Maybe your family can help you if you give them a chance?

Hang it there - we'll be here whenever you need us

Unread 10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Pamper thyself Princess G

Princess G,
Make sure you write all questions/concerns for pre-op visit.
Pack comfy things like CHENILLE anything, body pillow, etc. You have 6 days....do some shopping, have some drinks, go to movies, go out to eat, spend time with loved ones and take your mind off the castle for a little because while-this is what I did! Ok to feel a little nervous and scared but you are going to do and be fine and on your way to healing. Hey celebrate NO MORE Periods/Pain! OH I forgot....GO GET A MANICURE/PEDICURE! I did this and make sure you tell them that you are going to have surgery because they will treat you even better PAMPER THYSELF PRINCESS G. Also Princess G if you have a significant other in your life, might want to consider getting your FREAK ON because you will be out of commission for at least 6 weeks I hope that I made you smile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Hi Jeanus,
Thank you for your kind words. You know sometime we do try to be like wonder woman and we end up hurting ourselves. thanks again for the comforting words.
Unread 10-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Princess G,

Having a good cry is a good way to release tension.
It's normal to be apprehensive about surgery. I was actually looking forward to the medically induced sleep since I was having some trouble sleeping the week before surgery,lol. The anesthesiologists are very well trained, I'm sure you'll be in good hands! When you go for your pre-op ask if you will be given any meds to calm you before surgery.

Here's the link for some questions for your doctor:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_96847.htm

Good luck with your surgery and let us know how you are doing once you're home.

Unread 10-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Princess G - You are perfectly normal - I've been through the same rollercoaster that took a nose dive Tuesday after my preop visit. I cried half the day Wednesday, and again this morning when talking to my DH about it. He doesn't really totally understand, but he was helpful. Jeanus and Shawn are right - you don't have to be superwoman and neither do I. Let it out and you will feel so much better - I had a much better day today! My surgery is Monday, and I have second guessed everything off and on. It's funny, because I was thinking what Shawn said - I'm about to be out of commission for quite awhile - was thinking about some rendezvous to round out the weekend . . .

I'm also going to go shopping, finish the laundry and enjoy the 80 degree days we have been freakishly having. My last day of work will be tomorrow - another milestone that could potentially freak me out too!

You're not alone Princess G - I'm a few steps ahead of you, and rest assured, you are handling it all perfectly normally!
Unread 10-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Princess G,

I'm right behind you freakin out too! I am working through the day before. I thought that might keep my mind off it! But listening to the other sisters I think they gave you good advice. Shop, eat, play, stay up late, walk fast and hard since you'll be slow and easy after - lol.

Hang in there - Starbgirl
Unread 10-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Shawndensie, Thank you I do have planned to go shopping on the week-end and
will go get my hair done on Tuesday. I have my chenille socks. Thanks again.
Unread 10-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Princess G,
Yes, the waiting can surely freak you out. It certainly did for me. I spent the weekend prior to my op doing "Me" things. I had a manicure, went shopping, was treated to a restaurant dinner by my DH, and even went out with the girls. Keep yourself busy, and before you know it....it will be all over, and you'll never look back! ...and when you get home from the Castle, remember to Rest, relax, and pamper.
All the best,
Unread 10-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Now I'm scared!!

Thank you all for your support. For a while I thought I was the only one feeling this weird. Or at least I thought I was weird now I know its a natural feeling and believe me its comforting to know I can count on you ladies, especially when I don't like to tell my fears. thanks for reading.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register