3 weeks post hysterectomy... starting to do a little more | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy... starting to do a little more 3 weeks post hysterectomy... starting to do a little more

Unread 04-01-2014, 02:21 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy... starting to do a little more

I am 3 week post op tomorrow April 2... I feel pretty good. My insisions on the outside are healing, still sore and itchy, my belly button is a little red but I have been putting neosporan on it. My family still helps, but are getting tired of it, all boys! They change the garbage and bring laundry down to laundry room and back up to my room, they even switch it sometimes.. I get friends and family to go grocery shopping with me, and the boys carry it in and put most of it away too.. We have been eating a lot of takeout, not good for my diet or diabetes but that's ok, I can always diet and exercise in 3 more weeks when I get 6 week clearance. I don't vacuum or lift stuff.. But I have swept the floors a few times. I did over do it this weekend... I babysat my 8 and 2 yr old niece and nephew, with my moms help we went to the mall, big mistake my mom got sick mid shopping and I had to take care of kids alone, which included getting 2 yr in and out of car seat, stroller.... Was a bit achy afterwards.. Friday night hubby and I went furniture shopping! Got a new bedroom set!
I still get tired easy and nap daily. I have occasional dull pain and burning on my right side not sure what that is. Slight dull ache when peeing in lower stomach area by my csection scar....
But other then that so much better! And very glad I no longer have constant periods and cramps....happy healing to everyone! Can't wait for 3 more weeks to see dr again to get clearance to lift and have sex, I am actually wanting it, shocking! Lol
Plus really miss walking my boxer dog! It's warming up outside...but he pulls when walking....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Re: 3 weeks post op

You say you have swept the floors a few times. This is a no, no! Also going to the mall and getting kids in and out of strollers is downright dangerous to you.
It is normal that you still get tired easy and nap daily. And the occasional dull pain may be normal. Keep track of the burning sensation and the dull ache when peeing in lower, you want to be sure you don't have a UTI.
Nice to hear that your family is helping out.
It sounds like mentally you feel well, but that physically you are over doing it. Please listen to your body. You don't want to pull or injure something and be back at square one. Although everything is looking good on the outside, the inside takes a bit longer to heal. The take out meals won't kill anyone, and you will be better in the long run.
Good luck. Soon you will be out with that dog!
Unread 04-01-2014, 03:04 PM

Niborhood1
I only sweep a very small section on hardwood floors by the front door where everyone takes off their shoes. My mom comes a few times a week to sweep and mop...I only picked up my nephew 2 times and only f or a second. I know it was wrong but was faced with no other way...I am trying to behave. So hard!! Lol
I notice the burning achy feeling on right side especially when I sit and lean that way.. I will keep track of it. The peeing thing is not a uti. I gave gad them for years. Part of the reason for hysterectomy was constant uti's with period. ...I think it's from the cath... but I do feel so much better... I even have the windows open today.... so happy to see spring coming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:08 PM

I just don't want you to injure yourself internally and end up starting all over. Even sweeping a small area, or lifting one or two times is enough to injure yourself this early on. It is just not worth it.
Take some time on this site and read what you can do and should not do, and try to follow it. You don't want to end up starting at square one again, or permanently injuring yourself causing more problems down the road.

Good luck!
Unread 04-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy... starting to do a little more

If there was another way at the mall I would have choose it. But I have been being very careful other then that. I have gone out shopping but someone goes with me. I won't even pick up milk fir my cereal... I even have a small bottle of laundry det. That my family periodically fills a little bit so I can tip it and do laundry. . One piece at a time...family gets the big stuff on washer. ...I only swept 2 times so just a little area 2 ft big... I am actually being good even though it's driving me crazy I am a clean freak... but I did plan my birthday cruise while laying around. 3 nts on cruise and 5 nts in Florida
Unread 04-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy... starting to do a little more

For what it's worth - at my 2 week check up my doctor gave me full clearance to start back with the house work and lifting as I felt up to it. All she said was if you feel tired or a pulling then stop, and listen to your body. Kmd1972 - I'm glad you are feeling better. Just listen to your body.
Unread 04-02-2014, 02:38 PM
3 weeks

I know I posted. Yesterday for my 3 weeks, this is the actual 3rd week day.. I had my hysterectomy Wednesday march 12....
I feel great today, after over doing it this last weekend I relaxed all day yesterday and today!
I actually cooked dinner tonight fried pork chops with applesauce and mash potatoes.. And yes I had my family drain the potatoes for me!
The windows are open and it's beautiful out.. I even have on capris and flip flops.!!! Just think 3 weeks ago when I was in surgery we were having a ice storm and a two hour delay at school the next day, which hubby kept my 14yr old home so they could visit me and go to orthopedics, my son needed a cast on his arm.. He broke his growth plate last year sking, and no X-ray should it, so did a MRI and it should up healing poorly, gave it a week but still hurting so cast time.....
I hope everyone has nice weather and healing thoughts!
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:21 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy... starting to do a little more

Same here... My Dr lifted all restrictions. Except nothing in the vagina. I am still resting as I need... I think my family thinks I am back to normal .. But no energy for all the housework and such. My goal is to cook a meal and keep the kitchen tidy... But a lot has piled up and I am exhausted looking at it. Kids and hubby will have to step up and help out it will continue to sit lol and I am normally a clean freak, but yawn... I'm tired
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Peylex View Post
For what it's worth - at my 2 week check up my doctor gave me full clearance to start back with the house work and lifting as I felt up to it. All she said was if you feel tired or a pulling then stop, and listen to your body. Kmd1972 - I'm glad you are feeling better. Just listen to your body.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register