Hrt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2001, 01:45 PM
Hrt

I've been devoting more time to the hystersisters site more these past two weeks than my work, but I can't seem to think of anything else except my upcoming TAH-BOS. I'm not worried so much about the surgery, but am concerned that I won't be the "supermom" and "superwife" I am now. I am committed to HRT, but still have so many questions and concerns. I am told I will be brought back from surgery with a patch already in place. I realize everyone is different, but would anyone who can shed some light on HRT before and after surgery please respond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2001, 02:38 PM
Hrt

Judi - I had tah/bso March 2000...so I'm a little over a year post op. I had estrogen patch put on the day after surgery but opted to take daily estrogen pill once I got home. To be quite honest...I haven't had too many problems at all. No night sweats, no hot flashes..and my moods are more stable now than they've ever been. Sometimes is does take awhile to find one that works...but so far I've been very lucky.
Unread 04-10-2001, 06:17 PM
Always on my mind!

I am glad to know that I am not the only one that cant seem to get it out of their mind. I know my co-workers are sick to death of hearing about it but I cant seem to stop talking about it......you know....the same old questions.....will this ever be over?!

I am less than 48 hrs away from mine and I already cant sleep! I was worried about having to be on the liquid diet....heck, I cant eat any way!

Will it still be this way after?!

One good thing about this site we all have the same thing on our minds! So we can talk about it all we want on here with out worrying about boring someone to death!

Lots of love to all!

https://www.hystersisters.com/graphics/flower10.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2001, 07:10 PM
Hrt

I can't add anything on the HRT topic, but I sure remember how "obsessed" I was with Hyster Sisters and everything dealing with my surgery when I was pre-op. That started right when I scheduled my hyst and right up to my trip to the OR. Afterwards, since the wait was over, I got less obsessed but still visited Hyster Sisters as much as possible.
Unread 04-10-2001, 09:50 PM
OBSESSIVES UNITE!

Dear JudiV,

I know just how you feel...there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to be on this site - reading other's posts, asking questions, etc. I am scheduled on the 24th. Today, my gyn gave me some samples of the climara patch, she told me I could examine it and even put it on to see how it felt - just be sure not to leave it on! I haven't had a chance to play with one yet! I told her that I keep reading how removing the ovaries is snorflation, and that I just don't see how that can be good! I am trying to develop a more positive attitude about this whole thing.

I am sure that my friends and family are sick to death of listening to me go on and on about my uterus and ovaries, to be honest, I'M sick of listening to myself! That's what makes this place so great...no one ever tires of the same old questions and concerns, everyone is willing to listen and to help!

My gyn told me today that I seemed somewhat calmer, she asked if it was the xanax that she prescribed, I told her it was the 'HysterSisters' website! Most of the sites I had visited previously were so negative, that I was practically despondent! Yes, I am definitely OBSESSED, but I would be a real basket case without my 'sisters' to turn to for advice and encourgement...several times a day!

Good luck to us all!!!

connie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register