TAH Weird! Still have a stitch??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird! Still have a stitch??? Weird! Still have a stitch???

Unread 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Weird! Still have a stitch???

Almost 5 weeks post op still had a scab at the end of my incision....it fell off in the shower finally this morning and underneath was a knot with a thread hanging there??? Dissolving stitches should be gone by now no? So I have a piece of thread sticking out of my skin?? Any ideas? I just thought it was weird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Re: Weird! Still have a stitch???

I had a stitch string poking out of my skin 4 weeks after I had half of my thyroid removed. I called my doctor and he told me not to pull at it that it would eventually be taken care of by my body. He said my body was pushing the rest of the stitch out of my body. He was rite it went away about a week later. Don't pull at it. If it gets sore then you need to have the doctor look at it.
Unread 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnsy View Post
I had a stitch string poking out of my skin 4 weeks after I had half of my thyroid removed. I called my doctor and he told me not to pull at it that it would eventually be taken care of by my body. He said my body was pushing the rest of the stitch out of my body. He was rite it went away about a week later. Don't pull at it. If it gets sore then you need to have the doctor look at it.
Thank you for the reassurance! I just thought it was really weird (((hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM

Lol I know. I had a few after my 1st c section. They went away on their own weeks later. Had staples the rest of my c sections and TAH. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get infected
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:48 PM

My last incision stitch came off right about the seven week mark. If it bothers you, you can trim it close to your skin.
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebfunk View Post
My last incision stitch came off right about the seven week mark. If it bothers you, you can trim it close to your skin.
Well it had a little puss coming out so I washed it and wiped it with alcohol swab and so far it looks ok but the stitch healed into the skin???i don't know I guess I'll just keep an eye on it....thank you so much for caring ((hugs))
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM

I had my 6 week checkup today and my left incision this morning leaked some pus/blood mix from one end and looked dark and bruised. So I had my doctor look at it. I have a stitch working its way up. I was told to put some neosporin on it (and keep clean) and as the stitch appears just trim whatever sticks up..but not to pull.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register