no pain?????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no pain?????? no pain??????

Unread 03-18-2005, 02:15 PM
no pain??????

hi ladies, glad to hear ya'll are doing so well. going on my 5 month and feel just as great as I did when I went to the castle. had the gas to, and that was about it. yes we are lucky, as some of the sisters haven't been so lucky. I still have the numbest in my lower belly, but not to complain about that. Dr. said very normal.
glad to hear good news.
denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2005, 03:13 PM
no pain??????

It's good to see this post - I won't say I've had no pain but it's not been horrible - mostly ibuprofen. I'm 4 weeks out and not taking anything at all. I wish I could say the same for my emotions!!!
Unread 03-18-2005, 03:44 PM
no pain??????

I got really well quickly too and not really too much pain. x

Enjoy, but please do not over do it. x

xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2005, 09:21 AM
no pain??????

I never had pain from the incision but did experience pain deep in the abdomen. I am 58 and my abdominal skin is stretchy so this might be a factor. Also, the nerves in that area may not be up to snuff.

I am not complaining!

My father had major surgery at 78 with two large incisions and also did not experience pain from the incision. My sister thinks our family has a high tolerance for pain.
Unread 03-19-2005, 10:59 AM
no pain??????

I was glad to see this post also. I have had VERY little pain myself,but didn't want to seem to brag, reading so many bad experiences on this site. I am 3 weeks post op. Still get tired when up a lot, a little sore, but no real pain. I teach school and plan to go back after 6 weeks, if I still feel this good.
Going out for a walk now.
Unread 03-19-2005, 01:42 PM
no pain??????

I've had very little pain as well, and while I rejoice in the fact that I was able to get rid of my Percocets the day after I came home, and 2 ibuprofen in a day constitute overkill, I also worry that I could be injuring myself without knowing it because it doesn't hurt when I move! So those of us with high pain tolerance or whatever it is that's sparing us the misery need to be careful not to overdo, even if moving a certain way doesn't seem to hurt at the time.

Meanwhile, I hope some of our nervous pre-op sisters are reading this and realizing that unbearable pain is not an inevitable result of this surgery for everyone.

Oh, and I was never visited by a moment of gas pain--ever--so that's not inevitable either....I am fortunate and grateful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register