Numbness in thighs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Numbness in thighs Numbness in thighs

Unread 07-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Numbness in thighs

Before surgery, my doctor told me that nerves could be cut and I could experience numbness in my thighs or down my legs. I didn't notice the numb spots on my thighs until after I got home (I guess all of my attention was on my abdomen). Was wondering if anyone else has experienced numbness with TAH/BSO?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Numbness in thighs

Yes! My doctor didn't tell me about it. Do you also have tingling sometimes too?
Unread 07-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Numbness in thighs

I have that too. It is on my right outer thigh. But I thought it was from having a shot for nasuea from the morphine. It tingles and is kind of numb feeling. I just wonder if it ever goes away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Numbness in thighs

Both of my thighs have numb spots on top towards inner thigh. I kept thinking that my nightgown was sticking to my leg in the hospital from the sensations I kept getting. I have some tingling and it's weird to rub my hand across my thigh and go across the small area where I can't feel my hand. I've also noticed that my thighs seem to get really warm in the evenings. I'm not sure when and if the feeling will come back.
Unread 07-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Numbness in thighs

I had so much numbness and falling asleep feeling after surgery. Why dont the doctors ever tell you what common syptoms to expect. I was always afraid to call the dr. Through all the ups and downs of surgery the one thing I come away with is how little the Dr.s are willing to communicate. It totally went away...6 months down the road the falling asleep of hands and feet and numbness. Dont worry, it will go away and it seems to be a common side effect. My blessings to you , Patty
Unread 07-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Numbness in thighs

I had numbness pre-op from a couple of bulging discs in my lumbar due to injury. It made my sciatica numb which goes down the side of the leg. It even made the top of my foot and toes numb.

Post-op, I swear I have rested enough where this shouldn't be as much of a problem (and for the most part it is not.) I find it interesting because I don't have the leg, foot and toe problems anymore, but I do have the numbness on my right hip just as kitty described. I didn't have an injection, but I thought it was the disc issue. Maybe not. It's always interesting to share stuff in these forums.
Unread 07-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Numbness in thighs

I experienced the same numbness in both thighs and groins post-op. Yes, it's due to nerves being manipulated/cut when the lymph nodes are taken. My left thigh suddenly got all the feeling back earlier this month - yes, almost 10 months later. My right thigh to the outer edge still has a large numb patch but it's probably due to a lymphocyst nestled in my pelvis and still affecting the main nerve to that area. My doc says it may or may not recover.

Best wishes and s......Wendy
Unread 07-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Numbness in thighs

Thank you for the feedback! I had some lymph nodes removed also - didn't a count as to how many.
Unread 07-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Numbness in thighs

Why did they remove lymph nodes? Did you guys have cancer also? I didn't have any of that and my right thigh is really numb a lot of the time right now.
Unread 07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Numbness in thighs

I have numbess on the upper left thigh - but I was warned by my Gyn-Onc it was poss pre-op (lymph dissection necessary at Sx). He told me most likely temporary, but in some cases permanent.

These days (start of wk9) I barely notice it, but occasionallly I get some tingling sensation - which I'm taking to be a good sign that my nerves are still intact and will come good in the future!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register