awaiting 2 week post op appt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

awaiting 2 week post op appt awaiting 2 week post op appt

Unread 01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
awaiting 2 week post op appt

I have my first post op appt Thursday (it will be one day shy of 2 weeks) My swelling has improved tremendously had LAVH, no bleeding. Bowel pain has improved, walked on the treadmill today for 45 minutes at 2.3 mph feel good. I'm anxious on finding out my pathology report. Has anyone rec'd bad news this late after surgery? I had my uterus and cervix removed, kept both ovaries but had a 3" diameter on my right tube that was removed. That is the on thing making me nervous.
Glad for this site and to find we all have common threads but heal differently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2009, 10:30 AM

To mdbjerseyshore:

My dr. told me that pathology takes 7-10 days at my hospital. He also told me that although I had a large ovarian cyst on the ovary he removed (at my request), he didn't expect the pathology to show any cancer. I don't have another appt until Jan 23, which will be 18 days after my TAH/LSO. I would have expected that he would have called me if the path had shown something dangerous like cancer, so I am not too worried. My mom works in the medical field, and says that USUALLY, if you have a scheduled appt coming up, and they find something on path, but not something that requires major treatment like chemo, they typically won't call you... just wait for appt. But if a type of cancer came up that required further treatment, they typically call you right away. JM

CC
Unread 01-19-2009, 10:34 AM

Thank you - that helps

Good luck to you on your recovery and good health in 09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2009, 11:16 AM

The 3in diameter on the tube is probably a tubo-ovarian abscess or cyst. The abscess is more common with ladies with a history of PID at some point in the past. Or it can just be a cyst- like a hydrosalpinx. Did he tell you that ovary looked ok??? OVCA can spread to the tubes, but primary fallopian tube cancer is exceedingly rare... something like only 1800 people in the country have it.

They also can often tell by experience at the time of removal if something looks suspicious. Did he give you an idea of his impressions of this 3in thing and the associated ovary?

DUH! I just reread your post... you kept both ovaries, which means that he did not find that ovary to be at all suspicious. You are most likely dealing with an abscess or cyst (hydrosalpinx)! Good riddance!

I'm sure you will be fine.

CC
Unread 01-19-2009, 11:21 AM

Thank you very helpful
Unread 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM

I am right there with you girl. I am 14 days post-op and have my post-op appt. on Monday the 26th. I haven't heard anything either so hands together and prayers go with us that we are fine... I am going to the hospital on Friday to get the reports = pathology and surgical. This way I can be prepared with questions for Monday.

Michele
Unread 01-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Surgical report-sissy2woman

I wish I thought of it. I did make a list of questions. I'll keep u posted when I get back tomorrow afternoon

Prayers with us
Michele
Unread 01-22-2009, 01:55 PM

I am happy to share that my 2 week post op went smoothly. My pathology on the uterus, cervix and cyst all came back benign (favorite word today). I had an internal exam, pain free, healing nicely, I was able to resume driving, got the ok for the treadmill - no inlcine, no heavy lifting. Start time released iron to raise plat. levels (lots of blood loss due to size of uterus) I go back on the 19th and look forward to the ok for sex! Did have a slight odor with discharge and she gave me a treatment should it not go away in a day or two,. I hope everyone is doing as well.
Michele
Unread 01-22-2009, 04:55 PM

Was your uterus enlarged? I am so glad to hear BENIGN!!! I praise our Jesus... What questions did you ask? Well I am glad that your appointment went smoothly...

Michele
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:43 PM

I had part of a tube removed too & I am doing fine. It had filled with fluid for some reason. Best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register