oh my God this is so hard... warning mentions preg and babies... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oh my God this is so hard... warning mentions preg and babies... oh my God this is so hard... warning mentions preg and babies...

Unread 03-29-2010, 04:37 PM
oh my God this is so hard... warning mentions preg and babies...

I am sitting in my gyno's office waiting to be seen for some minor complications one week post op. And I am literally SURROUNDED by big pregnant bellies and new born babies. I know its not like the office would clear before I came in, but it feels like a slap in the face and screaming " hey look at what you won't ever have!!!" Hard enough to sit vertically in a hard chair, but the physical is much easier to handle than the emotional. Thank God that I can access hystersisters, or I might scream. Its so hard not to cry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Re: oh my God this is so hard... warning mentions preg and babies...

I am so sorry. I know that must be so hard. We are here for you. Hugs.
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I've been there - endometriosis and infertility have been a part of my entire adult life. I remember some very painful baby showers. I don't know what your situation is, but I can tell you that adopting our two wonderful sons (now 21 and 16) was the best decision my husband and I ever made. They have brought us so much joy, and I wouldn't change a thing. I hope you find happiness too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2010, 04:55 PM

I am sorry to hear about your pain. I too know how you feel. We struggled with infertility. We never did conceive. We adopted two wonderful little boys (7 and 22 months). I know think thank god for unanswered prayers. If I would have gotten pregnant I may not have the two wonderful children that we do now. Hang in there. Hugs
Unread 03-29-2010, 05:02 PM

I'm sorry that you have to go through this, and maybe adoption isn't an option for you. I know that there is a void, mine are of age and are moving out, trust me it hurts also. My son moved to Arizona (we live in NY)and I cried for an entire year. I now have empty nest syndrome. You can't replace the feeling of having your own children, but a puppy does give you someone to baby and love. This helped me go through the transaction, maybe it could help you fill the void as well. God bless and good luck.
Unread 03-29-2010, 05:52 PM

Sending you gentle hugs , we are here for you. Let us know how your appt goes.

Thinking of you. hugs
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:23 PM

I am so sorry you had to go through this. It sounds absolutely horrible. Sending lots of It will get better. We are here for you anytime.
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:21 PM

Oh honey, I feel your pain. When I went for my 2 week post-op appointment, I DID cry.....3 times. Once in the waiting room, once in the exam room, and once while paying the bill. I can't even watch anything on TV involving babies or pregnancy and I can't even look at children the same way anymore. I'm 28 and like you will never be able to enjoy the wonder of a natural pregnancy.

It almost feels like "Yea I got the surgery and it probably saved my life, but now I can't have children, so what's the point?" right? This has been this most wretched and painful experience I've ever had to endure in my entire life. There have been several nights that I have cried myself to sleep and there have been nights where I haven't. There have been times when I wanted to scream out "What did I do to deserve this?" And there are times when I want to hit a stranger for asking if I have children simply because they don't know what I have been through. But I get through it all knowing that there are so many other women that have felt what I do and I am grateful that this site exists to connect us all.

Don't be afraid to cry. As my mother told me, "You are grieving a great loss and the sadness is part of the healing process." Keep faith that in time, this too shall pass.
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:06 PM

I'm very sorry for your pain and heartache.
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:31 PM

I am so sorry for your heartache. Our thoughts are with you as you go through the difficult emotional and physical recovery of surgery. Please let us know how you are doing... gentle hugs....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register