2 steps forward, 2 steps back - 3 weeks post hysterectomy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 steps forward, 2 steps back - 3 weeks post hysterectomy. 2 steps forward, 2 steps back - 3 weeks post hysterectomy.

Unread 02-24-2017, 04:40 PM
2 steps forward, 2 steps back - 3 weeks post hysterectomy.

So....I'm 3 weeks post op. Had the da Vinci, only kept my right ovary. First few days were rough as expected. The last 2 weeks have been great. I felt great other than the expected achiness and getting tired easily. The past 2 days have been hell. I cry at the drop of a hat, I have no patience, my boobs hurt and I'm pretty sure I've had hot flashes. I don't even want to be around myself. I'm sure it's just my one ovary trying to do it all, but I'm miserable! Please tell me I'm not alone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Re: 2 steps forward, 2 steps back - 3 weeks post hysterectomy.

Your not alone. I went through the same thing around 4 week post out. Just remember your half way there. At 6 weeks you will feel so much better.
Unread 02-25-2017, 08:56 AM

That's exactly how I felt when I was 3 weeks post op. Was feeling much better from week 4 on. Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2017, 09:15 AM

Quite a few Sisters who kept one or both ovaries notice that their hormones are out of whack and wonder why. Post-op, ovaries might be "asleep" from compromised blood supply during surgery or the trauma itself. It can take a few weeks for them to get back up to speed, and meanwhile we can experience the familiar symptoms of hormone imbalance. If you were on some kind of hormone pre-op like the BC pill, the change can be more pronounced.

Keep a journal of your symptoms; if they become unbearable, talk to your doctor about temporary relief to get you over the hump. Also, making food choices with plant-based estrogens may help.

I didn't start turning the corner on feeling "human" again until around or just after my 4th week appointment - still couldn't do things like standing or sitting or walking for long periods of time and I'd deal with aches and swelly belly. My ovaries kicked in sometime after the 7 week mark.

It's a slow journey, but it gets better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register